DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Flowmaster American Thunder muscle truck exhaust? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=56342)

xPUNlSH3Rx 06-30-2010 12:56 AM

Flowmaster American Thunder muscle truck exhaust?
 
I really like the looks of this exhaust system part # 17398 http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...le=&orig=17398

I've done some searching around and I have not found any pictures and the only video I found on youtube was inside the dude's garage which to me doesn't really do justice..Any advice on this exhaust system? and/or pictures of it installed.

I just got this truck a little bit over a week ago and it's too quiet lol. Anyways, let me know what you think about it and any input will help me decide if I should go for it or not. Thanks in advance

Hemi390 06-30-2010 08:01 AM

I had a 2005 before this truck im pretty sure thats what I put on mine the one I had bought was a 40 series not sure what one that is I personally thought it was to loud in the cab sounded great outside I think It would have been better if it exited out the rear then it would not have been so loud in the cab atleast thats what I was told . dont get me wrong I love loud but I like to beable to talk without yelling at highway speeds . Good luck with your choice.

Hemi390 06-30-2010 08:07 AM

just to add I had a 2001 4.7 dakota I did 50 series exited out the back I thought it was perfect rumble outside queit inside with windows rolled up had alot of compliment's with this setup .

xPUNlSH3Rx 06-30-2010 07:45 PM

I'm not a big fan of rear exit exhaust I dunno why, all my vehicles have either been side or dumped. Last truck I used to drive was a 98 Silverado and I did a true dual side exit with 40 series and to me it was perfect so I think I can get use to it again. I even thought it was quiet lol. I guess i'll be the guinea pig for this system since no one seems to have it

Hemi390 07-01-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xPUNlSH3Rx (Post 250343)
I'm not a big fan of rear exit exhaust I dunno why, all my vehicles have either been side or dumped. Last truck I used to drive was a 98 Silverado and I did a true dual side exit with 40 series and to me it was perfect so I think I can get use to it again. I even thought it was quiet lol. I guess i'll be the guinea pig for this system since no one seems to have it

is this setup the 40 series or a different one also when you get done post some video please .

xPUNlSH3Rx 07-01-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi390 (Post 250805)
is this setup the 40 series or a different one also when you get done post some video please .

Oh yea for sure i'm posting videos, pictures and a review. It is a Super 40 series, that comes with that "Deltaflow" technology which they claim to help keep the cabin noise down a bit, we'll see.

WaybackInc 07-01-2010 03:13 PM

Flowmaster Muscle Truck Exhaust
 
I currently am running this setup on my 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I originally put a Flowmaster series 40 - 2 chamber muffler with dual pipes going out the back. It sounded great but I had problems with the tail pipes and need a change. I thought the series 40 was rather loud although it sounded great outside the cab so I opted to go with the series 50 HD American Thunder setup with the dual pipes existing in front of the passengers side rear wheel. I thought this would be quieter, NOT!!!! The 50 series has a different sound, deeper and more throatier. There are 4Ē chambers in this muffler which flow incredibly well. I had a noticeable increase in performance but this thing is loud. I donít mind loud, my í77 corvette canít be too loud as far as Iím concerned but this is my daily driver. I picked up a 3Ē glass pack to use as a resonator in the hope to quiet it down a bit. I want to install it in front of the muffler but I havenít figured out just how to squeeze it in where I want to go. The fit and finish of this kit is great but the chrome tips could stick out a little further. I feel the exhaust comes out too close to the rear tire. If I had it to do over again I would call Flowmaster and have the rear tail pipes custom built to extend out 3 more inches to better clear my running boards. Definitely different in appearance and sound, it does turn heads.

xPUNlSH3Rx 07-01-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaybackInc (Post 251059)
I currently am running this setup on my 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I originally put a Flowmaster series 40 - 2 chamber muffler with dual pipes going out the back. It sounded great but I had problems with the tail pipes and need a change. I thought the series 40 was rather loud although it sounded great outside the cab so I opted to go with the series 50 HD American Thunder setup with the dual pipes existing in front of the passengers side rear wheel. I thought this would be quieter, NOT!!!! The 50 series has a different sound, deeper and more throatier. There are 4Ē chambers in this muffler which flow incredibly well. I had a noticeable increase in performance but this thing is loud. I donít mind loud, my í77 corvette canít be too loud as far as Iím concerned but this is my daily driver. I picked up a 3Ē glass pack to use as a resonator in the hope to quiet it down a bit. I want to install it in front of the muffler but I havenít figured out just how to squeeze it in where I want to go. The fit and finish of this kit is great but the chrome tips could stick out a little further. I feel the exhaust comes out too close to the rear tire. If I had it to do over again I would call Flowmaster and have the rear tail pipes custom built to extend out 3 more inches to better clear my running boards. Definitely different in appearance and sound, it does turn heads.

I like loud lol...Do you have any pictures of your setup?

WaybackInc 07-06-2010 01:38 PM

Photos
 
3 Attachment(s)
Sorry, 4th of July got in the way of posting response. Donít mind my dirty truck but here are a few photos of the exhaust.

City Slicker 07-06-2010 01:43 PM

Looks great, nice setup :smileup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger