DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram SRT10 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   why buy a viper truck? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=56652)

110 dave 07-04-2010 05:09 PM

why buy a viper truck?

ok i am needing a truck ..
like dodge as have had several .
was looking at a hemi but
brother says look at viper v10 truck
he is all for the v10
but i want to hear from you guys as to
why should a newbie consiter the v10?
yea i know if you have to explain it .... you would not understand
but tell me any way would you please?!?!?
thx
dave
usn ret

PorkChop 07-04-2010 05:30 PM

well first off, there is a shit ton of power....a hemi with a turbo cant touch it....but you have to look at a few things, viper truck=toy, they come in 2wd only, too much torque for winter driving and theyre expensive. you cant buy it brand new as they only had them out for a few years, so you wont have warrenty and you have to be careful that its been properly maintatined...theyre not cheap to maintain due to the viper engin. i wouldnt worry too much about it beign "bagged" theyre built for the power and to do one thing...go fast! so you cant really bag it. thants my 2 cents...depending on where you live and what you plan on doing with it, it could work, if you live in canada/northern states dont plan on it being on the streets for the winter. anyone else have thoughts? please correct me if im wrong or add more :D

GTyankee 07-04-2010 05:53 PM

My friend owns a vehicle audio shop & needless to say, his pockets are not empty
he stands over 6 feet tall
the truck is an attention getter, so he parks it right in front of the shop, at night he parks it inside the shop
He can't afford to drive it, that V-10 sucks down the gas
so his nice red V-10 is for display only & he doesn't even use it on his website
http://www.audioplusstore.com/

MADDOG 07-04-2010 05:58 PM

Well, it's cool looking, has a V-10 (gobs of torque), a limited production model, great seats, oh did I mention it has a V-10? :D

Don't buy it if you are looking for good mileage!

ScatPak07 07-04-2010 06:01 PM

The SRT 10 pick up is more of a toy then an everyday truck. You have lots of power (500hp) at your foot with lots of torque to back it up. My father actually has one as well and when I drive it it is really quick. I have the Hemi and that SRT 10 just blows it out of the water.

If you are just looking for an everyday truck then go with the Hemi since you can get them in 4x4 and use it in the winter. I want to say get the SRT 10 since it is just a bad ass truck! I love that truck myself but winter driving is just out of the question. The 2wd is not the greatest and when you throw lots of power to it the traction is really low.

05atlanticblue 07-04-2010 07:36 PM

regular ram - sears catalog bra and panty model
srt-10 - victoria's secret bra and thong model

chithead 07-04-2010 07:54 PM

Just get one of the new R/T Rams :D:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05atlanticblue (Post 253236)

The SRT-10 is too classy for a thong. She's more like a lace trim bikini.

MoparerNocar 08-26-2010 03:19 PM

I do believe an SRT is my next vehicle, I had my 4x4 ram for winter, really want one for the summer, possibly buy one cheap this winter.

iRESQu 08-26-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05atlanticblue (Post 253236)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 253241)
Just get one of the new R/T Rams :D:D:D

The SRT-10 is too classy for a thong. She's more like a lace trim bikini.

Very, VERY nice analogies gentlemen! I second them both! For me personally, I love the power of the v-10, horse and torque. It has the body of a beast out for fresh kill and it commands attention and respect or it will dole out severe punishment. They are to be handled with experience and care or the rear end has a tendency to get away easy. This is the show truck of trucks though, so if you are looking to pull or for a dd, this isn't the truck for you. I WILL OWN ONE soon. But for now I just look at Maddogs slide shows of these girls:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....ight=slideshow

strang3majik 08-26-2010 04:08 PM

basically...if you're going to use it as a truck, get a hemi. As others have said, the SRT10s are toys. Fast, good handling, and fast...lol

Also...if you are considering daily driving one...remember that the body kit on those SRT10s, just the piece that goes on the back of the front fender, between the wheelwell and the door, is $400 from the dealer. So...one of those gets messed up, or your using it as a work truck and something bangs into it...thats $400...just for the little piece. Lets not start on the rest of it...haha.

Also...that cool looking spoiler gets in the way of using the bed. Yes it comes off...but...

Basically, what I'm saying, if you're going to haul stuff/use your truck, get a hemi ram, if you're going to get the truck as a vehicle just to drive when its nice out and to have fun and to get 12mpg highway (thats what they're advertised at)....then, the SRT10 is for you.

I will own one someday...but, it will be as a fun truck...also, I would want the regular cab 6 speed truck...not the detuned, automatic, 4 door truck...which is still fast...but, not as fun :p