DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   cold & hot ac (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=57107)

MIKIE1954 07-11-2010 06:03 PM

cold & hot ac

MY daughter has a 2003 1ton duely, duel cab with a cummins engine.THE problem it is having is the air cond. blows cold on drivers side, but worm on passengers side,what is the matter with it and is this something that I can fix?SHE is in collage and uses it to pull a 5 horse trailer, so far it's been a very good truck,lots of power & good milage. thanks in advance mike

erm 07-11-2010 06:22 PM

It means getting into the dash and fixing the blend door, Mike.

MIKIE1954 07-11-2010 11:31 PM

Ok now how do you get into the dash and whats a blend door?is there somewere i can get the vinfo on doing this? Thanks mike

RamTech 07-11-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKIE1954 (Post 258462)
Ok now how do you get into the dash and whats a blend door?is there somewere i can get the vinfo on doing this? Thanks mike

Not to be offensive but you probably need to look into professional help for this repair.

MIKIE1954 07-11-2010 11:54 PM

Thanks that the info i needed

MIKIE1954 07-17-2010 05:31 PM

I came here looking for help, insted i got go look for someone else to do the repare.i don't like being talked down to and do take offence! At lest give resonse for takeing it to " pro help". No need to reply to this as i wont be back to a place i do not feel will be of any help . Mike

niko2831 07-26-2010 12:11 AM

Mike this happened to me and I had to take my truck to the dealer. The problem is a 10 dollar part, however they have to take apart the steering colum, and whole dash to get to the stupid part. I had an 02 ram at the time and it cost 800 dollars at the dealer. Living in vegas I needed to have A/C. Sorry bro!

strang3majik 07-26-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKIE1954 (Post 262914)
I came here looking for help, insted i got go look for someone else to do the repare.i don't like being talked down to and do take offence! At lest give resonse for takeing it to " pro help". No need to reply to this as i wont be back to a place i do not feel will be of any help . Mike

He's saying to take it to pro help because its a PITA and if you don't know what your doing, then none of your HVAC stuff will work once you're done, therefore, just trying to save you from a bigger headache in th end.

Also, bud...just a hint...if you would have came back and said, "No offence taken, but, i still feel confident enough to tackle this," then I'm sure someone would have helped you. But, if you're going to be an ass, you'll be treated like an ass, and, now, I can guarentee you won't get any help here.

And, just so you know...Randy is a professional and is probably telling you that because its something he probably doesn't even like doing as anything behind the dash sucks and takes a lot of time.

rsg1963 11-07-2010 01:02 AM

Same issue

Problem for me was not doors or anything in the dash. Get this; I went to get my compressor replaced this summer and when they replaced it and filled it back up with freon, it only blew cold out the drivers side two vents, and the passengers side was warmer. So they told me to go to Dodge and get a code cleared. Well, I did go to Dodge. They promptly took my $158 and said "your accumulator is leaking, fix that and we can move forward, but that will probably fix your problem" I was not convinced as this made ZERO sence to me. Anyway, I went back to the original shop and they fixed the accumulator. IT FRIGGIN WORKED! No problen since they did that and it's been 3 months. So...make sure your parts aren't-a-leaking and the system is fully charged before you tear into that complicated dash with multiple doors and such. (BTW, the original mechanic refunded my money I spent at Dodge) Good luck!