DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Visited another car forum today ... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=57241)

GPSHSLAX 07-14-2010 01:59 AM

Visited another car forum today ...

I was searching for something on google and it hit upon a post from another forum so I clicked it to read. Then I remembered why I come here. I don't think I've seen anyone on here call each other "a big fat stupid idiot".

It's so nice to visit a site where everyone is collegial instead of sarcastic and bitter.

PimpJuice 07-14-2010 02:01 AM

I agree bro! Thats one of the main reasons i love this place so much. No one gripin and moanin about all the questions bein asked, even tho they have every right. Nobody here wants to make anyone else feel dumb or hurt.

brad12kx 07-14-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPSHSLAX (Post 259915)
I was searching for something on google and it hit upon a post from another forum so I clicked it to read. Then I remembered why I come here. I don't think I've seen anyone on here call each other "a big fat stupid idiot".

It's so nice to visit a site where everyone is collegial instead of sarcastic and bitter.

Oh oh......I think I've deviated from this....a bit....maybe once....or twice.....maybe more:shy: Shhhhh......don't tell anyone....if the mods find out..... :box2:

:LOL:

You ARE so right! When doing research, I often happen across other forums for a variety of topics, and I have yet to find any other forum that is both so active, and so 'clean'. I have a huge respect for the admins and mods here. They do an excellent job of ensuring this forum is a great place to meet, greet and share a common passion! :smileup:

CajunDodge 07-14-2010 02:14 AM

Oooooooh Brad, and we thought we were your only love :LOL: but it's true, other forums, you spend five minutes listening to everyone downplay each other and their rides and you come here and spend five hours laughing, reading, lauging, talking mods, laughing, learning. Did I mention laughing? :smileup:

- Cajun

brad12kx 07-14-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 259926)
Oooooooh Brad, and we thought we were your only love :LOL: but it's true, other forums, you spend five minutes listening to everyone downplay each other and their rides and you come here and spend five hours laughing, reading, lauging, talking mods, laughing, learning. Did I mention laughing? :smileup:

- Cajun

Oh but the Z is my 'only love'.....for Rams. :smileup: However, there is very little discussion here on the latest line array technology for arenas....not sure why....they're big and heavy enough to warrant buying a Ram to haul them around. :smileup:

RootBeer 07-14-2010 02:32 AM

I agree. I really don't like forums or anyplace for that matter where folks belittle someone looking for help or do it because they some kind of ego thing going on.

BlueJet 07-14-2010 09:31 AM

I have to admit I panicked a little when I saw the title!! I used to have an Xterra and had joined that forum board. I never posted, was too afraid. People jumped other people all the time and heaven forbid you ask a question that was already out there!! I hated reading "search is your friend"! When there are pages and pages of threads, it is a little daunting to dig through them!

I am very happy to read what you all are saying. Some of the very things that prevented me from posting on the Xterra board I will not allow here. I am glad we have created an atmosphere where people feel they can ask questions without having to suit up in a flame suit or share something with the rest of us and not be picked on! The fact we have grown so fast says a lot! :)

chithead 07-14-2010 10:52 AM

I'd be happy to pick on people if we want to add that feature :D:D:D

Especially the Democrats.

iRESQu 07-14-2010 10:55 AM

I agree with everything said. I also have seen a few examples of disagreements here that have been handled with maturity and discussion. That is why I stayed, plus the coffee isn't too bad, have yet to try the grits!

erm 07-14-2010 10:55 AM

I'll be happy to be meaner to you if that will help some of you feel more at home. :D

Yeah, I used to have a 350Z and went to a couple of forums dedicated to the Z's and one was so immature and not helpful that I quit going there.

Just glad to be here!