DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Thank you, Cajun, wermbang, and Remmerson (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=57313)

hemiv8dodgeram1500 07-15-2010 12:07 AM

Thank you, Cajun, wermbang, and Remmerson

thanks and i will rep ya when i can ;)

Cajun, you were right the pcv vale looks bad its covered in oil

wermbang thanks for helping me get the airbox off

and remmerson for telling me i needed to clean the throttle body it looks horrible

thanks again everyone ;) just 2 more questions why is the pcv valve covered in oil? and do i have to use break cleaner in the throttle body? (its the 5.2L v8)

CajunDodge 07-15-2010 02:45 AM

You're welcome hemi and thanks for the kudos, after all, that's what we're here for! As far as the PCV, granted this is just my experience, it's a sign that there is too much pressure in the crankcase and when that happens, anything under pressure will find the easiest way out, be it into the airbox or the like. That was the case for me and at the time, I was not intuitive enough, lol, to put two and two together and figure out I was getting some classic symptoms of some serious engine problems. Found a lot of it when I did the valve cover gasket.....Needless to say, I am now looking for a new engine. :(

- Cajun

gtfloyd 07-15-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 261086)
You're welcome hemi and thanks for the kudos, after all, that's what we're here for! As far as the PCV, granted this is just my experience, it's a sign that there is too much pressure in the crankcase and when that happens, anything under pressure will find the easiest way out, be it into the airbox or the like. That was the case for me and at the time, I was not intuitive enough, lol, to put two and two together and figure out I was getting some classic symptoms of some serious engine problems. Found a lot of it when I did the valve cover gasket.....Needless to say, I am now looking for a new engine. :(

- Cajun

Upgrade to the 6.1 SRT motor! It rocks :head3: well it does in the challenger anyway, could you make an adapter plate for the tranny?

CajunDodge 07-15-2010 03:13 AM

Heck yeah, the 6.1L would be freakin' awesome! Don't know that I could make that work in place of a 4.0L, though, as it's my '91 Jeep I'm working on. :)

- Cajun

erm 07-15-2010 08:19 AM

They make a cleaner specific for carbs and TB's you should use. Any auto parts store would have it.

The PCV valve will be oily because that's what it handles, oil. PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation and that's what the system does, vent your crankcase. It recirculates airborne oil droplets back to the engine.

RamTech 07-15-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtfloyd (Post 261090)
Upgrade to the 6.1 SRT motor! It rocks :head3: well it does in the challenger anyway, could you make an adapter plate for the tranny?

The 42RLE that's in her truck wouldn't last a day behind a Hemi. She's have to go to the 545RFE.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 07-15-2010 09:00 AM

I know they don't make one specifically for a 5.2 , but with some ingenuity you could adapt a catch can and keep all that mess out of the intake and it would help keep your throttle body cleaner .