DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Exhaust Suggestions? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=57368)

MS520 07-15-2010 11:51 PM

Exhaust Suggestions?

I have an 04 5.7L and I was wondering what some of you would recommend for an exhaust. I'm interested in a single in-dual out exhaust. I also want something that gives a nice rumble but is not too loud.

Thanks for your help in advance.

erm 07-15-2010 11:55 PM

I have the single in / dual out Magnaflow muffler. Love the sound.

Nice burble at idle and cruise, nice roar when you get on it.

City Slicker 07-16-2010 12:00 AM

I'm going to say check out Magnaflow, it has a really nice tone. I think you'll like it a lot :smileup:

xPUNlSH3Rx 07-16-2010 12:44 AM

I don't know why everyone says magnaflow lol. I've had flowmasters from 40 series to 50 series and I don't have anything bad to say.

People say they rust if you live up north but all you need to do is spray on some coats of high temp paint and you'll be all set, and I like the sound. In my ram as soon as I get home from my vacation I'm doing a custom setup with a super 44 and I will post a review as well as pics and videos so people like you can see how great it sounds :)

anewday4me 07-16-2010 04:31 AM

How about headers? Any suggestions there?

City Slicker 07-16-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anewday4me (Post 261928)

Pacesetter seems to get pretty good reviews. Check out TTI also, but they're a little on the expensive side.

anewday4me 07-16-2010 10:03 AM

thanks. i was looking at the obx set on ebay, headers resonators and y-pipe. all under 800 so i was a little hesitant. i saw the pace setters, probably order them from bmc. how do our trucks run minus the cats? i know some vehicles can do it no problem but how do ours react? thanks in advance.

Great White 07-16-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xPUNlSH3Rx (Post 261855)
I don't know why everyone says magnaflow lol. I've had flowmasters from 40 series to 50 series and I don't have anything bad to say.

People say they rust if you live up north but all you need to do is spray on some coats of high temp paint and you'll be all set, and I like the sound. In my ram as soon as I get home from my vacation I'm doing a custom setup with a super 44 and I will post a review as well as pics and videos so people like you can see how great it sounds :)

X2 on the Magnaflows...!!!! I have Magnaflow and it sounds like a truck supposed to sound. Its also wife friendly.... Until you floor it!!!!:smileup:

Great White 07-16-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anewday4me (Post 261928)

I'm running Gibson Headers. No problems and runs great especially on the low end. I can burn the tires halfway through the intersection.
As for the cats, I would keep them. Not going to make much difference without them and probably just have issues throwing codes.

anewday4me 07-16-2010 01:53 PM

Thanks great white. How much those gibsons run you? I'm not a ballet so I have to be thrifty. Also do you have stock cats or aftermarket? I know a ton of questions but just would like to get a little input before I start putting down some money.