DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Sirius Radio Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58011)

RootBeer 07-26-2010 05:41 PM

Sirius Radio Question

This just plain strikes me as odd. First off, I went to the dealer and asked about the issue and was told it was supposed to work this way. But that answer just makes no sense.

1. I set the "music type" to Rock, Jazz, and Classical. Nothing else.
2. When I go back to the "list" it still shows Pop and Weather.
3. Shouldn't the list show what is available under the "music types" I have selected?

Dealer said I have to enter everything manually. If that's the case, what's the use of the "music type" button?

Ray 07-26-2010 06:10 PM

Good point, I am still trying to figure out when I stream my music from my iPod, I get every music option ie artist,albums,music type etc. For some reason I can't just get the option for songs. I want to be able to pull up all of my songs and scroll threw and select the one I want. I have the res radio with the intergraded iPod in the glove. Anybody know What I am missing

LBZ HEMI 07-26-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootBeer (Post 269199)
This just plain strikes me as odd. First off, I went to the dealer and asked about the issue and was told it was supposed to work this way. But that answer just makes no sense.

1. I set the "music type" to Rock, Jazz, and Classical. Nothing else.
2. When I go back to the "list" it still shows Pop and Weather.
3. Shouldn't the list show what is available under the "music types" I have selected?

Dealer said I have to enter everything manually. If that's the case, what's the use of the "music type" button?

i think when using this option it's for when you are doing a search when i use this on mine it will only search for the types of music you have checked

GTyankee 07-26-2010 06:48 PM

i just now went into my
music types, clicked rock, then i looked up the top left, & clicked that words there, it read rock, then i hit scan & it started a slow scan, from there i guess i could select the stations that i wanted for the presets
i have mine set for country & the presets have been set & i like the ones i have preset

now i only use satellite sirius, i don't use am or fm, they may be different

if you have a station that you know about, you can turn your radio on, clickon the guys face with the curved lines in front of his mouth. a list will come up, i use that often,
I say station name, the womans voice says say a name, i say NASCAR, she repeats it & the radio switches over to nascar radio

also you have to manually UNcheck any music types that you don't want

unless you want to listen to howard stern :)

Barnyard 08-01-2010 06:30 PM

Are you sure you're not setting the auto equalizer settings?