DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   which tuner? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58631)

tinniste 079 08-05-2010 12:00 AM

which tuner?

diablosport or superchips?
whats the hp and ft/lb increase you get with the diablo for the 4.7 all i see on there website is the hemi's increase??

tinniste 079 08-05-2010 12:02 AM

also when they say it calibrates for bigger tires does that just mean it fixes the speedo? or does it help milage with the bigger tires??

erm 08-05-2010 12:06 AM

Yes, it will fix speedo errors due to a plus size wheel and tire combo.

I like the updates you can get and the versatility of the Predator tool and the tuning options. I have two HEMI powered vehicles and they both have the Predator on them.

It can improve mileage but what most folks find is that while the mileage improvement isn't huge, the programming options of the tool make it well worth the money.

For instance, my CSRT8 Predator currently holds 4 tunes in it:

a street tune
a strip tune
a road trip tune
the stock tune

And I can use any of those tunes as needed simply by plugging the tool into the vehicle, return it to stock, then load the tune I want. 5 minutes and I'm done.

tinniste 079 08-05-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 276361)
Yes, it will fix speedo errors due to a plus size wheel and tire combo.

I like the updates you can get and the versatility of the Predator tool and the tuning options. I have two HEMI powered vehicles and they both have the Predator on them.

It can improve mileage but what most folks find is that while the mileage improvement isn't huge, the programming options of the tool make it well worth the money.

For instance, my CSRT8 Predator currently holds 4 tunes in it:

a street tune
a strip tune
a road trip tune
the stock tune

And I can use any of those tunes as needed simply by plugging the tool into the vehicle, return it to stock, then load the tune I want. 5 minutes and I'm done.

yea does the predator adjust trans to because i hate the way my truck shifts

SpeedlogiX-Mikey 08-05-2010 11:23 AM

The predator is a great programmer, just saw on Diablo's site that they have released the predator for the 4.7L!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-05-2010 01:37 PM

I don't think Diablosport makes a tuner for the 4.7 . Bully dog or Superchips .

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-05-2010 02:32 PM

Wow , I just went and checked Diablosports website and I stand corrected , they do offer a programmer now . I would recommend them personally . I have a tuner from them on my SRT 8 car and love the gains .

krazyasslunatic 09-05-2010 10:42 PM

theres a guy named hemifever and he sells canned tunes, thats what i was looking at for my truck

BMD0947 09-15-2010 03:15 AM

I have superchips on mine. I'm happy with it!