DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   FlowMaster or Magnaflow Newbie (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58948)

amendola2001 08-10-2010 02:46 PM

FlowMaster or Magnaflow Newbie

Installing a new exhaust today and still am making a desicion on FM or MF,, both sound great does one out perform the other???? please healp quick if wron area please let me kow but i figure i am new so ths is where to go

City Slicker 08-10-2010 03:11 PM

If you want my opinion, I'll say Magnaflow. I'm a fan of how it sounds, but it's up to you, it's your truck. Magnaflow has a lifetime warranty also.

SpeedlogiX-Mikey 08-10-2010 04:43 PM

Welcome to the Z from BMC Performance!!!

300 Addict 08-10-2010 04:47 PM

Welcome to RamForumz, from Ontario, Canada! Glad to have you join us here! Enjoy the site!

Dodgeramhemi09 08-10-2010 07:12 PM

I have the 14 inch magnaflow and love it....I had flowmaster on my 97 1500 and it was good sounding too.....but overall, I would have to go with the magnaflow....

xPUNlSH3Rx 08-10-2010 08:29 PM

Flows..I got a super 44 and it sounds awesome

amendola2001 08-10-2010 08:43 PM

well I got the flowmaster 40 series with 2.5" inlet and 3" dual outlets ,, stainless steel except the muffler,, (I know only 3 yesar warranty).. with 4" angle rolled tips not the standard roll but the 2 layer tiip that angles inside not one simple roll.

Looks and sounds evil,, maybe to evil it is soooooooooooooooooooo loud about the same as no muffler almost,,,,my hemi sounds like a nascar now,, but as all of you have said the drone is very very annoying. But after all the chrome i hasve put one like door hasndles, window sill, window visors, step sides, side body mould, chrome mirrors, and just ordered the K&N 63 series intake my wife has grounded my truck spending for the time being but would really like a programmer to get rid of this MDS CRAP!!!! ,,,, any input on what to do next would be great. Any performance or gas savings advice for the hemi.

LSxFBODYgen3 08-10-2010 09:21 PM

Flowmaster is louder and is not HP oriented. Magnaflow has a less harsh sound(IMHO it sounds better) and it actually flows alot better then the flowmaster.

Its been proven over and over again on bench tests and Dynos that the magnaflow is better then the flowmaster. But if your looking for the in-your-face loud sound flowmaster is where its at. Personally I like the magnaflow sound and performance. It has a nice idle, little to no drone at highway, and an amazing WOT sound!

erm 08-10-2010 09:25 PM

Congrats on the mod.

The next one should be to take care of the MDS and add some performance now that you have a CAI and exhaust. And that would be a programmer.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-10-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amendola2001 (Post 279943)
well I got the flowmaster 40 series with 2.5" inlet and 3" dual outlets ,, stainless steel except the muffler,, (I know only 3 yesar warranty).. with 4" angle rolled tips not the standard roll but the 2 layer tiip that angles inside not one simple roll.

Looks and sounds evil,, maybe to evil it is soooooooooooooooooooo loud about the same as no muffler almost,,,,my hemi sounds like a nascar now,, but as all of you have said the drone is very very annoying. But after all the chrome i hasve put one like door hasndles, window sill, window visors, step sides, side body mould, chrome mirrors, and just ordered the K&N 63 series intake my wife has grounded my truck spending for the time being but would really like a programmer to get rid of this MDS CRAP!!!! ,,,, any input on what to do next would be great. Any performance or gas savings advice for the hemi.

Got a audio clip for us to hear ? That would be awesome .