DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   How often do you find yourself having to manually fold in your side mirror? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58967)

RammD 08-10-2010 09:26 PM

How often do you find yourself having to manually fold in your side mirror?

This is the first truck i've owned and I just came back from the bank drive-thru and there was no way in hell I could of got through to the ATM without putting down my driver's side window and manually folding my side mirror in. Hell, even with folding the mirror in, I had about a half inch on each side IF THAT...LOL.

This is the same ATM I used nearly 3 years with my Charger and it is tight but never even brushed my tire. This fit is so tight the least bit of not paying attention and the tires are gonna hit the curb. I honestly see myself having to stop before I even pull in and PUSH BOTH MIRRORS IN to even be somewhat comfortable pulling through there..lol.

I think I'll stick to parking and walking up to the ATM in the immediate future. I'm guessing this is a common thing with trucks or at least a beast like the Ram?

erm 08-10-2010 09:29 PM

Yup...I don't like drive up windows at all in mine...them mirrors stick out some. And the truck is wider than my 300.

RamTech 08-10-2010 09:30 PM

I fold the mirrors in on a Ram on a daily basis!

erm 08-10-2010 09:31 PM

Yeah ^^^^ to get them up on the rack!

RootBeer 08-10-2010 09:54 PM

I can't use the drive up ATM because I'm to short. Nearly have to get out of the truck anyway, so....

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-10-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootBeer (Post 280030)
I can't use the drive up ATM because I'm to short. Nearly have to get out of the truck anyway, so....

Wow , that is short !

RammD 08-10-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Wow , that is short !
LOL. Well I am definitely gonna be cautious in all seriousness because when I folded my mirror in and drove up to the ATM I looked down and I had MAYBE...MAYBE a 1/2 inch on the ground.....and I could CLEARLY see my passenger side Mirror was MAYBE 1/2 inch from the Pillar that supports the roof. I was like SHEEEEEEZ....for sure had I gone through day dreaming I woulda whacked at LEAST one of the side mirrors inwards and probably BOTH. Glad I was paying close attention....as I said, I will either have to push both mirrors in the next time and make SURE I remember...or get used to the walk up ATMs.

CajunDodge 08-10-2010 11:14 PM

I feel ya', there are a couple drive throughs I avoid, where I just go inside now, only for being wider in my truck than in my Jeep. :)

- Cajun

GTyankee 08-11-2010 10:06 AM

you could always back into the ATM drive up
be glad that your garage doors are wide enough

when semi trucks with Oversized Loads have to cross the scales, they often get the trucks weight, then back off the scales, pull around the scales, then back as much of the trailer with the load onto the scales as possible, the 2 separate weights are then added together for the total weight, using some complicated formula

txhemi 08-11-2010 12:19 PM

I never have to fold mine in. I guess our lanes at the bank are wider?