DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   EVIC programmable features locked? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=59015)

Turbovsix 08-11-2010 04:04 PM

EVIC programmable features locked?

Hey guys -

So, I navigated through the EVIC to the programmable features section and it won't allow me to enter that sub menu - it gives me a little picture of a padlock indicating that the settings are somehow locked. Mind you, I bought the truck as a demo from a dealer in NJ -

I wasn't aware it was even possible to lock this menu. Does the lock indicate that the dealer has set a code? How the heck to I open that menu up? Naturally, I could not locate any reference to this in the manual - it just talks about setting up the programmable features, but makes no mention of this menu being somehow locked?

WTF?

Rich

erm 08-11-2010 04:16 PM

I've never heard of that either, Rich. Have you talked to a dealer service advisor? There might be a trick to it that isn't contained in the manual.

RamTech 08-11-2010 04:19 PM

Go to the parts department and tell them to cut a key to the EVIC lock for you! :LOL: Seriously though, I have never heard of or seen anything like that.

pimcotrans 08-11-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbovsix (Post 280550)
Hey guys -

So, I navigated through the EVIC to the programmable features section and it won't allow me to enter that sub menu - it gives me a little picture of a padlock indicating that the settings are somehow locked. Mind you, I bought the truck as a demo from a dealer in NJ -

I wasn't aware it was even possible to lock this menu. Does the lock indicate that the dealer has set a code? How the heck to I open that menu up? Naturally, I could not locate any reference to this in the manual - it just talks about setting up the programmable features, but makes no mention of this menu being somehow locked?

WTF?

Rich

mine is the is locked too

Casualdreamer 08-11-2010 04:29 PM

The only time mine has that symbol is when I am in Gear. Once placed in park the Padlock symbol goes away. If that is not the situation then I would def go back to the dealer...

pimcotrans 08-11-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casualdreamer (Post 280573)
The only time mine has that symbol is when I am in Gear. Once placed in park the Padlock symbol goes away. If that is not the situation then I would def go back to the dealer...

I will check that ......the only time I have looked at it is when Im going down the road.

Turbovsix 08-11-2010 04:54 PM

Well, I'm about the biggest, godd*mned idiot on the planet.

Apparently, I've only ever checked that thing when I'm running down the road. Yes, the padlock goes away when it's in Park and you can get into the programmable settings.

I think I'll go outside now and beat myself repeatedly on the head with some sort of blunt instrument.

Rich

dodgeman70592 08-11-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbovsix (Post 280583)
Well, I'm about the biggest, godd*mned idiot on the planet.

Apparently, I've only ever checked that thing when I'm running down the road. Yes, the padlock goes away when it's in Park and you can get into the programmable settings.

I think I'll go outside now and beat myself repeatedly on the head with some sort of blunt instrument.

Rich

Sweet, make a video and put it on youtube!

J/K, glad to hear ya got it figured out, sometimes it's the simplest things...

RamTech 08-11-2010 05:07 PM

I still say he should go ask for a key to the EVIC lock and get THAT on video.

erm 08-11-2010 05:13 PM

I want to see the key and the video!!!