DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Daytona (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Borla Exhaust Rattle (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=59064)

DaddioDX 08-12-2010 10:00 AM

Borla Exhaust Rattle

FYI to all with factory OEM Borla exhaust systems. If your exhaust ever rattles or has ANY other problems......... Call Debbie Lewis @ 423-979-4015 she is the main contact point for OEM borla systems, and is really helpful too.
I just found out about this "Million Mile Warranty" after being told by the stealership that it wasn't covered under my extended warranty!!! So I called Borla and was given this info, and Debbie is sending me out either 2 NEW tips or a complete system. Either way I'm happy happy! :smileup:

mheadlee5 08-14-2010 07:21 AM

yea my factory borla tip must have busted the welds in the inside cuz it rattles like hell. so your saying i can call that number and she'll hook me up with a new tip?

4gtwrk 08-15-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddioDX (Post 281216)
FYI to all with factory OEM Borla exhaust systems. If your exhaust ever rattles or has ANY other problems......... Call Debbie Lewis @ 423-979-4015 she is the main contact point for OEM borla systems, and is really helpful too.
I just found out about this "Million Mile Warranty" after being told by the stealership that it wasn't covered under my extended warranty!!! So I called Borla and was given this info, and Debbie is sending me out either 2 NEW tips or a complete system. Either way I'm happy happy! :smileup:

I called her today for my tips having a rattle and a new tailpipe with tips are on the way.

GREAT TIP!!!!!!:smileup:

D.Rowe 10-24-2011 06:35 PM

I just noticed an annoying rattle when truck is started and I am standing outside.Possible loose tips? Should I call?

Daytona1445 10-25-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Rowe (Post 642715)
I just noticed an annoying rattle when truck is started and I am standing outside.Possible loose tips? Should I call?

I would call. It really seems to be hit and miss with Borla. Some people have no problem getting it replaced others make lots of calls and spend hours and it and never get anywhere.

With the truck off and the exhaust cold tap on the muffler and the tips to see where the rattle is. It would suck to get new tips if you need a muffler.

MADDOG 10-25-2011 03:51 PM

That is great info to share!!!

4gtwrk 10-30-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Rowe (Post 642715)

The baffles inside my tips were rusted out causing the rattle. You could shine a light in them and see the problem.

D.Rowe 11-07-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4gtwrk (Post 646757)
The baffles inside my tips were rusted out causing the rattle. You could shine a light in them and see the problem.

Thanks for the tip..will check it out tomorrow.

Dave

D.Rowe 05-13-2012 08:52 AM

Had my local service shop check my rattle out while the truck was in for new plugs and ignition wire install....they said I needed new clamps and tips and gave me a $700 quote which includes labor...

Daytona1445 05-13-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Rowe (Post 797982)
Had my local service shop check my rattle out while the truck was in for new plugs and ignition wire install....they said I needed new clamps and tips and gave me a $700 quote which includes labor...

For that kind of money you could buy a complete new catback and bolt it on yourself.

There was a place selling the complete stock replacement system for $610 plus shipping or you could get almost any other brand catback.