DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   2005 Ram 1500 Intermittent Wiper Problem (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=59304)

dolamiti 08-15-2010 02:16 PM

2005 Ram 1500 Intermittent Wiper Problem

Hello All,
I am a newbi. I just bought this 05 from a dealer. Now, here is what's happening. When I put the wiper control on the first intermittent setting, it will swipe two or three times. When I do it again, it will swipe all the time like when it's on low speed????
Low and high speeds work fine, it's the intermittent swipes that are a big problem? Wouldn't this be a safety issue? I wonder if the dealer would fix it. It has 60,000 miles and I believe it is out of warrenty?
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ron
Semper Fi,
diseldevildogusa (dolamiti)

BccustomzRam 08-15-2010 02:30 PM

I am having the SAME problem on my 04 Ram HEMI someone please help us out. Also a newbie here. Thanks

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-15-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolamiti (Post 283474)
Hello All,
I am a newbi. I just bought this 05 from a dealer. Now, here is what's happening. When I put the wiper control on the first intermittent setting, it will swipe two or three times. When I do it again, it will swipe all the time like when it's on low speed????
Low and high speeds work fine, it's the intermittent swipes that are a big problem? Wouldn't this be a safety issue? I wonder if the dealer would fix it. It has 60,000 miles and I believe it is out of warrenty?
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ron
Semper Fi,
diseldevildogusa (dolamiti)

Does your truck have the rain sensing windshield in it ? If it does that's how it works . It only wipes when it detects rain on the glass . Don't forget to stop by the newbie section and introduce yourself .

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-15-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BccustomzRam (Post 283484)
I am having the SAME problem on my 04 Ram HEMI someone please help us out. Also a newbie here. Thanks

Does your truck have the rain sensing windshield in it ? If it does that's how it works . It only wipes when it detects rain on the glass . Don't forget to stop by the newbie section and introduce yourself .

DatWunGai 10-21-2010 06:38 PM

wicked wipers...

I have the same problem, if it is a problem.

How do I tell if I have a "rain sensing" windshield? I have the SLT package, but I bought my Ram used so I'm not familiar with the complete list of bells and whistles it came with new.

Thx

RamTech 10-22-2010 08:38 AM

There is also a recall out for some of these wiper motors for the '02-'08 model years. Call your dealer with your VIN and mileage and they can tell you if your truck is involved. If it's not, then you likely have a switch or non-recall related motor problem.

DatWunGai 10-22-2010 01:19 PM

Will do.
Thanks Randy! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Mads 01-30-2011 04:35 PM

Wipers

Quote:

Originally Posted by BccustomzRam (Post 283484)

I have the same problem. Did you solve the problem?please let me know

BMWTech 04-19-2011 09:49 PM

Hey guys, im a newbie as well, and I also have this issue. The dealer I bought it from (just some used car lot) is putting a switch in it in the next few days. I did notice if I turn it off when the wipers are in the top position, then they work for a bit. Wierd, anyone figured out a fix yet?

slheinlein 10-01-2011 02:28 PM

anyone find a fix for this?