DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum (
-   Suspension (
-   -   Trailing arm question (

mkelsey 08-29-2010 04:58 PM

Trailing arm question
Hey guys I just recently got my RAM that has an excellent running engine a new tranny and some significant suspension problems. I have gotten most of it fixed or replaced by now I just need a couple tie rod pieces and a Trailing arm.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am pretty lost when it comes to suspension. Is a trailing arm the same as a control arm? I have only been able to find one place that has a trailing arm for a '96 1500 4wd, but I can find control arms all over the place that look an awful lot like the trailing arm. any help would be greatly appreciated. so I can get this done and put some decent tires on it.:smiley_thumbs_up:

P.S. anyone know where I can find some door hinge pins for it?

RamTech 08-29-2010 05:36 PM

They can be called a suspension arm, control arm, trailing arm, or suspension link. The 2WD is significantly different and can't be confused with the 4WD version.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.