DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stereo Upgrade (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=60733)

newbie2010 09-03-2010 10:08 PM

Stereo Upgrade

doing a bit of research and need some help .. how do i install a double din deck to replace my current stock stereo. stereo shop told me that i have to get a special part in addition to the basic kit and power harness .. so called the dealer and was quoted $230 for the part (seems to be a bit $$$) ... anyone know of one selling this part in the forum. truck is a 08 Ram 1500 .. thx

StoneyWV 09-03-2010 10:46 PM

Go to Crutchfield and check out the parts that you need for your truck. If they are expensive then take the part numbers off the site and google them. I payed about $60 for the PAC harness from them when I purchased the head unit.

dodgeman70592 09-03-2010 11:56 PM

You will have to either get a Nav bezel or modify your current one, you will need pac harness and frame kit. Do you currently have an Infinity system? If you do, there is more to it..

erm 09-04-2010 03:39 AM

Yes, there are a couple of wiring harness interfaces you may need. But first, to determine what those are, we'll need to know what your stock system is and what head unit you are going to put in. And do you have steering wheel controls for your audio system?

Depending on what system you have now and what you are going to do, you may only need one of these or you might need a few of them.

Here are the PacAudio harnesses available for your truck:

C2ACHY: Aftermarket amp interface for CAN BUS vehicles.

C2RCHY4: Aftermarket head unit with NAV outputs.

C2R-CHYNA: Radio replacement interface for non-amplified Chrysler vehicles.

SWI-JACK: Steering wheel control interface for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, OEM, Valor and Blaupunkt radios

SWI-CAN: CANBUS steering wheel control add-on interface for Chrysler vehicles.

So, as you can see, what you get depends on what you currently have.

Also, if your stock unit is a 1.5 DIN and you are going to a double DIN head unit, you'll want to get the NAV bezel. About $100 online. I got mine online from an authorized MOPAR parts seller.

newbie2010 09-04-2010 06:39 PM

stereo upgrade contnd ...

did a price breakdown and to install a 2 din deck into my ram, cost would be $350 install + all parts + cost of the deck .... close to $900. second option which i did today was a single din deck with motorized screen which basically cost me $450 (including cost of deck and install and parts) .... sweet !!! both decks had similar options (blue tooth, nav etc). thanks for the input ... much appreciated :smileup:

erm 09-04-2010 06:48 PM

Good luck with the upgrade!