DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Cat Delete (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=60769)

Redneck24V 09-04-2010 12:16 PM

Cat Delete

I have an 03 Ram Hemi, it already has flows, but I am wanting to do a cat delete and am not sure what needs to be done, do I need to get an o2 simulator or something like that? I dont want my SES light coming on, or can i just cut them out? Any and all info is helpful! Thanks

RootBeer 09-04-2010 12:26 PM

You have emissions testing/inspection where you live? If you do, you could face a hefty fine.

Redneck24V 09-04-2010 12:28 PM

no we sure dont

CHVYKLR 09-04-2010 12:54 PM

you can buy MIL elimiators or get a custom tuning shop to just turn the O2s off.

doz 09-06-2010 04:33 PM

Or you can try the spark plug anti-fouler trick. Drill out the anti-fouler and install it to the o2 bung then install the o2 sensor. Works on some vehicles (seems to work on more vehicles than not) so its not a guarantee, but Ive used it on other cars and its worked just fine :)

ScatPak07 09-06-2010 04:48 PM

If you want you can also get high flow cats. That allows you to keep everything legal and to get much better flow than stock. Thats an idea but you can still delete them with the right instructions. I am not sure how to delete and keep the truck from freaking out, sorry man

erm 09-06-2010 04:54 PM

I'd replace the cat with some high flow units and keep the sensors. That's the easiest way to avoid getting a sensor code.

One other way is to delete the cat, put in a pipe with a welded/threaded bung and put the sensor back in.

doz 09-06-2010 05:18 PM

If you remove the cat and still have the o2 sensor installed, itll still throw a code Maddog (itll throw the catalyst code as itll read the CC isnt doing its job). You have to spoof it whether the o2 sensor is installed or not (hence the spark plug trick).

Even SOME hi-flow cats will throw a code (I had a set that did on my Grand Prix), so they arent a guarantee, depends upon how sensitive the computer is and how well the hi-flow cat does.

rancherman 09-06-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doz (Post 302497)
Or you can try the spark plug anti-fouler trick. Drill out the anti-fouler and install it to the o2 bung then install the o2 sensor. Works on some vehicles (seems to work on more vehicles than not) so its not a guarantee, but Ive used it on other cars and its worked just fine :)

apparently it works on my '97. the cat was gutted....and there is an extra 'fitting' on the downstream o2 sensor. it has to be a 'fouler' screwed into the hole, and then the sensor screws into that. No trouble codes for me.