DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=60775)

Mountaineer 09-04-2010 01:36 PM

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor?

2 Attachment(s)
I searched the forums but could not find a post, so if this is a duplicate let me know.

I am going to replace the Goodyear Wrangler H/P that came with my Ram. I want to get the stock size of 275/60/20. I have done TONS of research and have just about settled on the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor with Dupont Kevlar....but am surprised that no one has mentioned running them in here. I have found several threads in other forums praising this tire, but they have all been run on much smaller vehicles.

Has anyone used this tire? If so what was the experience?

I will use the tire to drive 80% highway and 20% off road.

Anyone here swear by another tire?

I would appreciate any feedback, but I am especially interested in the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-04-2010 02:25 PM

I'm not a Goodyear lover . Your paying more for the name . I love my BF Goodrich Radial All Terrains .

fitter1 09-04-2010 02:28 PM

I ran these tires on my old truck and loved them from city/Hwy driving excellent ride and excellent in the snow/Ice.
Best wearing tire I've ever ran.

Mountaineer 09-04-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitter1 (Post 300682)
I ran these tires on my old truck and loved them from city/Hwy driving excellent ride and excellent in the snow/Ice.
Best wearing tire I've ever ran.

Thats good to know. They have a 50,000 mile tread warranty which I thought was amazing. I hear they are excellent on snow/ice. Did you ever get stuck with them? Did you run them in mud?

@Toms Blue Ram 1500

I looked at the BF Goodrich, but they seemed to be about the same price. Maybe it was the M/T tires. I will have to reasearch the radial all terrains. Thanks for the tip!

alfonso318 09-04-2010 04:08 PM

I have these on a 2001 Ram 4x4 and they're super quiet on the road and seem to grip up pretty good on dirt and rocks...i would say however that if you're looking for an aggressive AT tire this is not your tire...they're a very mild looking tire and IMHO the white letters out look much better than the all black lettering....

Mountaineer 09-05-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfonso318 (Post 300766)
I have these on a 2001 Ram 4x4 and they're super quiet on the road and seem to grip up pretty good on dirt and rocks...i would say however that if you're looking for an aggressive AT tire this is not your tire...they're a very mild looking tire and IMHO the white letters out look much better than the all black lettering....

From all my research it seems that the only real downside to these tires is the way they look. I can live with a less aggresive look it they perform well. Thanks for the info.

CdnoilRAM 09-05-2010 01:29 AM

I have heard nothing but good things about the Silent Armor on several forums.

Mountaineer 09-05-2010 01:51 AM

Well, after another full day of research I have decided on the Wrangler Silent Armors. I will post pictures with them installed here. Also, I will attempt to keep this thread alive and review the tire as I drive it. I know it will not be the coolest looking tire, but it seems to be a real performer. We will see.

I will review the following:
Tread life
Road noise
Snow
Ice
Mud
Trail

I will not review them until I have driven at least 10k on them.

I will post pics of the tire on the truck in each of the conditions listed above and rate on a scale of 1-5. Five being the best. If anyone is interested check back in December and I should have finished the review by then......and yes I will have put that many miles on the truck! YIKES! :158:

RamCountry 09-08-2010 07:37 PM

im pretty sure you will like them they are a good truck tire the warranty is awesome too (wish all tires had one) but let us know how they are:smileup:

ICEMAN99TURBO 09-13-2010 10:34 PM

To those who run these, do you notice much of a change in MPG? I was told the off brand shit that was put on by my dealer after the lease ran out are no good in snow... so I am also keeping my eye out for a good set of tires.