DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Mirrors tilt down in reverse? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61054)

SvB4EvA 09-08-2010 06:13 AM

Mirrors tilt down in reverse?

Any of you guys have this feature? I dont have it on mine, but it shows it as a standard in this sad excuse for a owners manual DVD they gave me. I really liked that feature on my CTS, and now with a big truck it would really be helpful... I just dont see it in my EVIC.

Laramie only? :4-dontknow:

Quiet Lunatic 09-08-2010 07:42 AM

I have it on my Laramie. Personally, I hate it and turn it off. I back up a long way and use the mirror to look way back. Can't do that when I'm looking at the ground. It makes no sense to me at all.

tat2dwiseguy 09-08-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geico (Post 304066)
I have it on my Laramie. Personally, I hate it and turn it off. I back up a long way and use the mirror to look way back. Can't do that when I'm looking at the ground. It makes no sense to me at all.

It's primarily for parallel parking, so you can see the curb. I had it on my BMW and it was very helpful, allowing me to keep my rims "curb rash" free for the life of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind it on my Ram (don't have it either), but for what it's worth, the curbs have to be pretty big for me to rash my wheels with 35s!
Not to mention, I don't often parallel park my crew cab, but when I do, I found it's not as difficult as you might think for a truck this big! :smileup:

Wonder what it takes to add this feature after the fact? :4-dontknow:

SvB4EvA 09-08-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geico (Post 304066)

Unfortunately I dont have a garage any more, or a driveway. I have to parallel park every time I park. Also, I live in NYC, and parking is tight for compact sedans, let alone half-ton pickups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2dwiseguy (Post 304079)
It's primarily for parallel parking, so you can see the curb. I had it on my BMW and it was very helpful, allowing me to keep my rims "curb rash" free for the life of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind it on my Ram (don't have it either), but for what it's worth, the curbs have to be pretty big for me to rash my wheels with 35s!
Not to mention, I don't often parallel park my crew cab, but when I do, I found it's not as difficult as you might think for a truck this big! :smileup:

Wonder what it takes to add this feature after the fact? :4-dontknow:

Exactly! I agree it would take a big curb to get rash on these wheels, but I also dont like rubbing my sidewalls on the curb either...

I'm also curious what it would take to add the feature... I think its really dumb that it isnt in my truck, it has power mirrors and the EVIC... Whats the big deal? :4-dontknow:

RootBeer 09-08-2010 11:56 AM

Its not standards. I know the Laramie has it, but I'm not sure of other models. I do know that if you do not have it, it cannot be turned on by the dealer. I asked last time I was there because someone else here had the same question.

RainmanX 09-08-2010 08:43 PM

I don't care for it. Every time I went in reverse it tilted the mirrors down. I only needed it once a day, but every single reverse it was a pain to move them back.