DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Convert your truck into a swimming pool (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61178)

pardus 09-09-2010 09:05 PM

Convert your truck into a swimming pool

Well I don't really recommend it but if you leave your sunroof open during a thunder/rain storm you can have a real cool swimming pool.

A storm popped up out of nowhere yesterday and with my sunroof open got soaked... My truck is not even 2 months old and I freaked....

Didn't come across anything on Rams getting soaked and not sure what is at risk, mostly concerned with electrical. I soaked up as much as I could with towels and then turned it on long enough to shut the sunroof and crack the windows. I put in a couple small fans and a portable heater over night.

This morning went out and bought a dehumidifier. At first it wasnt doing much but then closed it up tight and blasted everything. this afternoon had a couple of cups of water in the container.

Seems to be drying out, haven't driven it yet.

I bought the interior care protection so the leather and fabric was all treated inside by the dealer, no wrinkling or staining yet.

I called the dealer and the shop guys said my electrical should be ok. Continue doing what I am doing and could take it for a drive with air conditioning on recycle and turn on the seat heaters. I think I will wait another day before doing that.

I will keep this updated as the clean up continues.

Anyone else have experience with this and how did it turn out.

iRESQu 09-09-2010 09:06 PM

I have had a window left down by my youngest daughter and it rained. I took my truck to the dealership and they cleaned the upholestry and turned my heater on for a good hour or so. It has been just fine since. Best of luck and keep us posted.

drivehard27 09-09-2010 09:07 PM

never had that happen to me but sorry to hear about it hope all is ok when it drys out

RansRAM 09-09-2010 09:08 PM

Ouch, that hurts. I actually left my rear slider open the other night and got off lucky since it didn't rain. Sounds like your doing all the right things, hope everything works out.

RockyRam 09-09-2010 09:10 PM

I did the same thing in my old car, the roof liner was sagging down because of all the water. I got as much out as I could with towels and a bucket for draining the liner. I left the windows down and sunroof open to air it out, it was fine after a few days. Luckily it was in the middle of the summer and there was a lot of heat and sun. (Rare in Michigan)

iRESQu 09-09-2010 09:13 PM

And worse comes to worse, rain is nothing compared to the male cat spray we received in our Jeep Wrangler (4,000 miles new!) from the top being down only about 15 min!!! I will take rain over that ANYDAY! 4 guys, 2 days, 4 hours and $250 later at the car wash, smell still remained!!! :po: :3-angry1:

RootBeer 09-09-2010 09:16 PM

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear about things like this. I tend to agree with the techs, you're doing the right things and it should be fine. Keep up with the dehumidifier for several more days until you can leave it in overnight and not get anything in the container.

platinuminjected 09-09-2010 09:16 PM

iv never had that happen to me either but i feel ur pain because i would be absolutley pissssed

RockyRam 09-09-2010 09:16 PM

That sucks Paris!!!! It doesn't come out of leather couches either!!!!

CajunDodge 09-09-2010 09:22 PM

Man that sucks, sure sorry to hear about that, but I agree, you're doing everything I would do, but be sure to keep us posted! Paris, never had the cat spray but my ex did in one of their vehicles and from what they said, it took forever to get that out!

- Cajun