DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Public Safety (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Thank you all for your services (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61231)

Ram4me 09-10-2010 02:55 PM

Thank you all for your services

Although I'm not out there putting my life on the line to save those around me, I would like to send out a heart felt thank you to those that do. I spend my time trying to feed the world and protect the environment we live in.

I come from the other side of the coin... The wife that sits at home waiting for her husband to get back from helping those that do save lives and hoping he makes it back safe and sound. He is not fire, police, or even ems. He is a County Public Works employee. In the winter, he is the first out on the dangerous slippery roads, plow and sand ready, fighting to keep motorists safe. He is the first truck out when a major accident happens and the fire, EMS, and Police can't get to the scene. In the summer he is the first to offer his assistance if the Fire department needs another tanker on a call.

I explain this not so he receives the recognition of a man behind the scenes, but to explain that from the countless hours I have spent worrying over his safe return, I understand the dangers you all face and would like to commend you for the services you provide.

Well done and again, thank you.:smileup:

RootBeer 09-10-2010 02:58 PM

Great post. :rep:

City Slicker 09-10-2010 03:01 PM

I agree 100%, great post :rep:

CajunDodge 09-10-2010 05:23 PM

Absolutely a great post and I completely agree, know those folks have been there for me a few times and all should be commended for the job they do!!! :smileup:

- Cajun

MADDOG 09-10-2010 06:58 PM

I totally agree. One of my best friends is a police lieutenant and in his career he's been a regular patrol officer, a D.A.R.E. officer (complete with druggie dealer impounded vehicle and all), a motorcycle patrol officer and supervisor and now he's a watch supervisor and still goes out on calls.

Oh, and for a while he was the sharpshooter on the response team.

I know what kind of a strain that puts on families, relationships and on the police officer in particular.

So my hat's off to you all!

And thanks for the great post, Ram4me! Well said, well said indeed.

CdnoilRAM 09-11-2010 12:07 AM

Jen, those people need the support of others to keep doing what they do, so thank him :rep:

and when I'm up there this winter, just ask him to add a little less sand cuz it's killing my paint! :LOL:

moparmanicac 09-11-2010 02:34 AM

Great post I hate to toot my own horn but people seem to think that people on the volly side of the services are a buncha lazy a-holes just b/c we dont see flame and d.o.a's daily when we train and get up in the middle of the night for anything from mva's to b.s alarms and go to work on no sleep so thank you for saying thank you and large thanks to your husband as well

iRESQu 09-11-2010 02:38 AM

Thank you for the wonderful post. In return, our pleasure is derived from look of relief on a homeowners or loved ones face when they see us roll up. It makes it all worth it.

BighornDriver 09-11-2010 04:04 AM

A great message Ram4me. Being a over the road truck driver It was great to see those people out there on the road. A lot of the country would stop if it wasn't for them. May I add my Thanks.

918Dodge 12-13-2010 01:06 AM

This kind of things make me happy.. it's good to see that people out there still care about those of us out their everyday. Thanks!!