DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Im gonna c notch (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61324)

Dirtbikerrob 09-11-2010 06:33 PM

Im gonna c notch

1 Attachment(s)
Im c notching my '01 ram to lower it 6 inches. Im wondering if theres any difference in c notch kits, for example ive been looking at kits for chevys and have seen they are cheaper and look the same. im just wondering if i bought one of those could i put it on my ram. below is a pic i found and is the same pic for a sierra f 150 and ram

skeezy1 09-11-2010 09:04 PM

alot of the compaines use the same pic for alot of there same products. if the price is diff, more than likely they are.

now i dropped mine ALOT in the back and only had to do a "pipe" notch.

RootBeer 09-11-2010 09:16 PM

:iagree: Rarely when you are looking for parts that are designed for more than one vehicle is the pic on the web site actually the one for your vehicle.

If you're going to buy something, best to buy the one that is designed for your vehicle even it does cost more.

Dirtbikerrob 09-12-2010 04:04 PM

Skeezy1 Could you explain to me pipe notching? i want to drop the rear at least 5"
but i want it to be price efficient, and im good at the work

GregInAtl 09-12-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtbikerrob (Post 308094)
Skeezy1 Could you explain to me pipe notching? i want to drop the rear at least 5"
but i want it to be price efficient, and im good at the work

Pipe notch is a piece of a pipe cut in half and welded in the frame where a 1/2 pipe section is removed. Find the e-bay ram notch kit.. its all you need. I used McGaughys notch when I did 4/6" and have no regrets.

Dirtbikerrob 09-12-2010 05:03 PM

I thought that the frame was tempered steel. doesnt welding weaken it? just wondering

skeezy1 09-12-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregInAtl (Post 308098)
Pipe notch is a piece of a pipe cut in half and welded in the frame where a 1/2 pipe section is removed. Find the e-bay ram notch kit.. its all you need. I used McGaughys notch when I did 4/6" and have no regrets.

couldnt explain it better myself.

i lowered mine 6.5 inches by flippin the axle and removing 2 leafs. i run air shocks and only had to do a pipe notch. everything was free and to me thats the best way to go.

Dirtbikerrob 09-12-2010 08:10 PM

i have everything to do the flip kit, i just want to go a little more without hitting my frame, so do the c notch or pipe notch?? and do i have to move my exhaust at all?

GregInAtl 09-12-2010 11:23 PM

I'd do the C notch, only because its bolt in and I dont have a welder....thats why I did what I did.