DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lifted 2WD Haters!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61344)

stewedscrewedtattooed 09-11-2010 11:03 PM

Lifted 2WD Haters!!!

so let me ask everyone this......what is the deal with everyone talking crap about people who lift 2WD trucks? people on youtube and people i talk to around where i live talk so much crap about people who lift 2WD trucks. i understand that people lift 4X4 trucks so that they can go off road and all of that jazz. what about the people who have trucks but dont own them to do off roading? what about the people who just want a lifted truck because of the way it looks? is that such a bad thing? i own a 2WD lifted dodge and i love it. people come up to me and ask me why i lifted a 2WD truck or tell me that im dumb that my truck is lifted. Really??? do people have enough time on their hands to worry about why someone does something to their vehicle that doesnt have anything to do with the person who is not minding their own business? does it show a threat to 4X4 owners who have lifted trucks that 2WD owners are doing the same? i would like to hear what people think about this. whether you say that lifted 2WD is dumb or not tell me what you think.

GPSHSLAX 09-11-2010 11:07 PM

You probably won't run into that here. People here tend to be less judgmental than other clubs I've run across. I say do what makes you happy. If you like then that's all that matters.

iRESQu 09-11-2010 11:08 PM

I think you have a valid point. No different than some of the other types of mods we see being done. Honestly, I was one of those types of people at one time, who didn't care for it or understand it. As I learn more about lifting 2wds the more I acquire the desire to see more. Nice subject for discussion!

erm 09-11-2010 11:08 PM

I don't see anything wrong with a lifted 2WD. Done right I think they look cool.

chithead 09-11-2010 11:11 PM

The honest question is . . . how many times do people with 4wd actually use it? More often than not, 2wd is all you need for light offroading and some trails. So I say . . . do what fits your need.

Kleeeen 09-12-2010 12:41 AM

Never thought about it as I am a first time truck owner. I need 4x4 as we are in the foothills of the Rockies and winter lasts forever here. My question as a new truck owner is why would you lift a 2wd truck, I have no desire to lift my 10 4x4.

ScatPak07 09-12-2010 12:52 AM

I am actually jealous of the people that have 2wd trucks and lift them. I am because it is so much cheaper and easier to lift a 2wd over the 4x4. There are also bigger lift kits, but the 4x4 site higher already. At least you can say you have a 10" lift meanwhile for a 4x4 it is more like a 6". Just sounds bigger hahaha

City Slicker 09-12-2010 12:54 AM

I don't have any problem with lifting a 2wd. This truck below happens to be one of my favorites, and it's a 2wd.

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2...0029large1.jpg

TenneSST 09-12-2010 12:57 AM

If that's what you like, then more power to you. If you have it just for looks and never take it off road, then a cheaper 4x2 makes more sense. I wouldn't do it, but that's what makes the world go 'round. The older I get, the more I want a lowered truck. My knees and ankles aren't suited for climbing into a truck. My stock height 1998 Ram SS/T was bad enough before I lowered it.

What I don't really understand why a person would lift a truck so high that it is hard to get into. It seems to me that a stock height 4x4 or one that is slightly lifted would be more able than a super lifted truck. It looks like those really high trucks would tip over easy.

HotWheels 09-12-2010 01:14 AM

I think if it is the look you want go for it. I think they look cool.