DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2009-2010 Dodge Ram (Alpine) Amp Wiring Diagram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61423)

RammD 09-12-2010 10:58 PM

2009-2010 Dodge Ram (Alpine) Amp Wiring Diagram

1 Attachment(s)
Just in case anyone needs it here's the diagram for our trucks for all the speakers. DG is Dark Green, GY Is Grey, Yel is Yellow, LV is Lavender.

Don't mind my sloppy notes on the diagram. This diagram came from ALL DATA by the way.

PorkChop 09-13-2010 02:42 PM

ok and in a mans world lavender is what color....? lol isnt that a smell or flavour?

chithead 09-13-2010 03:18 PM

It's the color on the face of those ricers when we blow right by them :D:D:D

jaynuke 09-23-2010 01:36 PM

Would the colors be the same for the non-alpine models?
Thanks

RammD 09-24-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Would the colors be the same for the non-alpine models?
Don't quote me on this but two different people I spoke to stated the wiring colors are the same on the NON Alpine models, but the polarity is reversed on the Non-Alpine models....meaning that say the Passenger side Dark Green wire with yellow stripe would be POSITIVE, and the Dark Green stripe with Lavender/Purple would be NEGATIVE.

As you can see on the diagram, the wire colors for the Alpine model are the same, but the Lavender is POSITIVE while the Yellow is NEGATIVE.

GTyankee 09-24-2010 03:59 PM

There is a website that everyone should bookmark, it has the wiring setup, BUT, no images
for
Car Stereo Wiring Diagrams, Car Alarm Wiring Diagrams, Remote Start Wiring Diagrams, Car Light Bulb Size Guides

http://www.modifiedlife.com/

kozzy 03-13-2011 05:33 PM

yes, that is correctr i have the non alpine system and recently installed all new gear, the wire colors were the same, but the poliarity was opp. the alpine system.

Juswaymac 03-17-2011 09:26 AM

I have the Alpine system in my truck and want to add aftermarket amp and subs but keep the other speakers and nav head unit. Is just adding the rca line out converter OK? If so, is a simple model good or is there a premium model that needs to be used? Any tips would be appreciated.

Slowburn 03-23-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juswaymac (Post 474483)
I have the Alpine system in my truck and want to add aftermarket amp and subs but keep the other speakers and nav head unit. Is just adding the rca line out converter OK? If so, is a simple model good or is there a premium model that needs to be used? Any tips would be appreciated.

i have the same exact question

RammD 03-30-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

I have the Alpine system in my truck and want to add aftermarket amp and subs but keep the other speakers and nav head unit. Is just adding the rca line out converter OK? If so, is a simple model good or is there a premium model that needs to be used? Any tips would be appreciated
Jared (Dodgeman) can answer this question best but from my understanding our Ram's only give a full range signal to THE FRONT DOOR SPEAKERS. That full range signal is 20hz-20khz so those front speakers HAVE to be Tapped in order to get the full range signal. The dash and rear speakers only produce signals in specific ranges/frequencies so you can't tap them or you'll get no bass. I've learned a lot from members on this forum and the basis of this is that you can use a LOC, but you still need to tap to get that full range signal from the front doors, one way or the other.

The stock Alpine speakers are pretty bad..no real clarity with mids or highs so not sure why you would want to keep them, but either way you'll still need to get that full range signal to your aftermarket amp no matter what route you go. Good luck.