DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   V10 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Problem with 99 2500 v10 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61738)

cbearss22 09-17-2010 05:47 PM

Problem with 99 2500 v10

Need some help. I have a 99 v10 ram and it has been to 7 mechanics and non can figure it out. Once in a while (maybe once a week) when accelerating or just cruising along it will start to studder and act like it wants to stall out but will never actually stall. When I floor the gas it fixes it and its fine for a week or so. Occasionally a check engine light comes on saying it bank one sensor 2 O2 sensor, but when it gets tested it checks out fine. Any ideas? Also My truck has a his sound almost like a turbo, was wondering if that is normal? Thanks for any help

slikkwilly002 09-17-2010 11:33 PM

I know the problem... its called BFM (big fuc*in motor) lmao

Nah, really though maybe just a tune-up, or a good throttle body cleaning

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-17-2010 11:42 PM

I'm not sure what location that sensor is . But try banging on the bottom side of the catalytic convertor when it's cold and see if it rattles . If it does you may have a bad cat . The hissing your talking about may be coming from the guts in the cat clogging up the outlet and also causing the code to set .

RootBeer 09-17-2010 11:50 PM

How old is the fuel filter? A semi clogged one can cause hesitation. Also check to see if there is more than one. I've seen where there is one on the motor and one along fuel line under the truck.

cbearss22 09-18-2010 01:12 PM

Thanks for the tips, cats should be good, just changed them out about 6k miles ago but ill check

thebuthcher 02-05-2011 10:04 PM

i have he same thing happening to me i just bought an 98 2500 v10 when i accelerate it falls on its face i need help with this as well please

dirty dodge 03-16-2011 11:49 PM

i haad this exact same problem with mine. i put a new o2 sensor on it and it totally fixed it. hope this helps.

sbaldee66 09-13-2011 11:47 PM

I don't know if you are still having this problem, but my truck did it and the local shop told me it had bad cats. We cut out the cats, the problem didn't go away. Took it to my local dealer, it took them a while but they figured out it had a bad ground for the O2 sensors and the A/C. They installed new end on ground wire and my truck runs better than ever! Have your shop check the ground that runs your o2 sensors and your A/C.

platinuminjected 09-14-2011 01:15 AM

hope you can get it figured out bud and have that big ol v10 purrin like she is suppose to

Andy72 07-21-2013 01:16 AM

I have the same sort of thing happening with my v10 push the gas and all I get is sputters then it cleans up and I can drive it for the rest the day like a striped ape
I'm puzzled by it!
This is ware I'm at so far, I live in California and my cat went bad so I replaced it, my v10 came to me with a single cat, what I found out is that a single catalytic converter actually is for the v8 model, so I was hoping that hey! This truck has had 120k miles no problem no trouble lights why change it!
Within 50 miles of changing the cat I have a check engine light bank one o2 sensor' comes on,

I have also come a crosse a problem with this truck if you have dirty battery termanals it will run really crummy
Doesn't have to make sense to happen!
Any one have any advise