DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Forum CANADA (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Calgary Service Department Recommendation? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=61986)

stinkyteeth 09-21-2010 12:23 AM

Calgary Service Department Recommendation?

Can anyone recommend a good Dodge Service department in Calgary? I'm looking for someone that will care for my baby as well as she deserves.

Dealership #1 installed my roll-top (which promptly collapsed into the bed of my truck)....to be fair, they fixed that problem later, but goofed on the dodge mudflaps (which now rub on my factory tires)...Dealership #2 dropped the ball on my first oil change and forgot to tighten down the drain plug (and filter, I might add)...nearly cost me a motor as I was dumping oil all over the road all the way to --> Dealership #2 who says, "...not our problem and not covered under warranty... they wanted to charge me to tighten things up and add some oil.

I was thinking of trying Cochrane; wondering if anyone has had good feedback on their service department.

I live in Calgary's NorthWest but will make the trip to get my baby to someone who cares.

p.s. Anyone else going to the Show and Shine in Red Deer this weekend?

zg1000 09-21-2010 01:11 PM

I also live in the NW and am looking for an honest service center. I tried my local dealership for warranty work and the results were unsatisfactory.

I'd like to believe they simply confused my vehicle with that of another customer, but further discussion and my inspection of the vehicle when I received it proved that a service agent was trying to sell me work I didn't need.

I'd also like to hear what people think about the service center in Cochrane, it isn't that far from home and it would be convenient for me to take my vehicles there.

col 09-21-2010 02:03 PM

Hey Guy's , I live in the SW side of Calgary & I use Tower Chrysler on Mcleod Trail.
Iv'e had lots of Warranty work done & not had to fight to get it done. 4 new wheel's due to Chrome cladding peeling off. Bed taken off & Re-painted behind cab. New Led lights in mirrors due to condensation .:smileup:

Banzai 09-21-2010 03:13 PM

BIG4... my lady friend works there as a service advisor (Tiffany) and does a GREAT JOB!!

go there, tell her travis sent you to her.. you're GOLDEN!!

Win 09-21-2010 08:42 PM

^Lol I worked with Tiffany at Eastside Dodge. I hear she's doing well over there at Big4.
I work at Eastside dodge in the NE and I can honestly say our service dept is pretty good. It really all depends on the tech at the dealer that is working on your vehicle. There are tech's out there that don't care and there are tech's that do care. You're pretty much a hit and miss with whatever dealership you go to. As for getting warrany work done, warranty is warranty and you still have basic warranty correct? Meaning everything should be covered unless it's a maintenance/wearable item.

stinkyteeth 09-22-2010 11:09 AM

Thanks, everyone. The feedback is appreciated.

I had decided to give the local folks one more try....booked an appointment for today (a week ago); called yesterday to confirm and they had no record of my appointment. I'm starting to develop a "complex".

Giving Cochrane a shot before heading to the S.E. If I find someone that "gets it" as far as service is concerned, I'll let you know.

Banzai 09-22-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Win (Post 315786)
^Lol I worked with Tiffany at Eastside Dodge. I hear she's doing well over there at Big4.
I work at Eastside dodge in the NE and I can honestly say our service dept is pretty good. It really all depends on the tech at the dealer that is working on your vehicle. There are tech's out there that don't care and there are tech's that do care. You're pretty much a hit and miss with whatever dealership you go to. As for getting warrany work done, warranty is warranty and you still have basic warranty correct? Meaning everything should be covered unless it's a maintenance/wearable item.

yupp, shes kicking ass!

as for warranty being warranty, this is true.. but some places/people (derek) like be *******s about warranty items.. therefore it is easier to go somewhere where the service manager isnt a douche..

dominictaylor 03-12-2011 01:22 AM

cochrane dodge should be ok for you . I bought my 1500 from there and have it serviced there and have never had a problem. Also bought a second car from them and they serviced that all ok. Any problems just speak to Alex Bauhm. he owns the pad.

stinkyteeth 03-14-2011 11:43 AM

service

Cochrane Dodge has been great! Sticking with them.