DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Diablo Predator Questions & Info! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Diablo Sport Tuner worth it? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62035)

wester399 09-21-2010 08:37 PM

Diablo Sport Tuner worth it?

Hey i know this topic comes up here probably once a week. But i would like to know about the diablo predator tuner. I plan on running the 87 octane tune. Will it even be worth the time/money to just run the 87 tune, will i see better mileage and a slight gain in power?

BLKSVT 09-21-2010 08:42 PM

Yes, I have had a diablo for several years on my Lightning and loved it, and just ordered one today for my Ram, you have a lot of things you can tweak with it to increase torque and gain some HP...all on the 87 tune. Taking it to a tuner/dyno would be even better and will prove to be well invested money.

CHVYKLR 09-21-2010 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's def worth it. I've been looking for a dyno graph for you but I can't seem to find it. What you will see is the torque curve shift left and up....a double bonus.

O.k. after more searching I found it!

Plus you can read codes, change your speedo (if you change tire size, gears), etc. It has all kinds of good functions.

You might see a gas mileage increase but I don't think I did.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-21-2010 09:03 PM

It's gotta be one of the best tuners out there for the money . And besides , when you take your truck in for service at the dealer , reinstall the stock tune and theres no way they can tell you had a tuner on it . It doesn't leave a fingerprint .

wester399 09-21-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 (Post 315812)
It's gotta be one of the best tuners out there for the money . And besides , when you take your truck in for service at the dealer , reinstall the stock tune and theres no way they can tell you had a tuner on it . It doesn't leave a fingerprint .

thats a good point ...i take mine to a private service centre anyhow cause im past warranty on my truck but still a good selling point.

doz 09-21-2010 09:44 PM

Yes, its by far definitely worth the money. Check out Moes Performance, as they were selling the DSP, serial > usb cable, and 180* jet TStat for $333 shipped.

Dont buy an intake before you get a tuner, you wont feel the difference at all with an intake compared to a tuner. DSP woke my truck up like no other. People say they dont feel much?? Dont know how.... Maybe they didnt install the tune properly...

Just be sure to update your DSP's crom so its up to date when you receive it.

PorkChop 09-21-2010 09:59 PM

worth the money ...best performance mod ive bought as of yet

moparmike07 09-21-2010 11:23 PM

yes if your going to be doing cam work like i did then get it and head work but basic bolt on i liked superchip

Longshot 09-22-2010 09:27 AM

I enjoy the benifits of mine I have it set to 93 octane. Does anyone know if I change the thermostat what the benifits are

mark09sport 09-22-2010 08:18 PM

Is that torque curve legit? That's an amazing gain from a tuner, about 50 ft lbs at around 4200 rpm. What's the best price for tuner alone? I have the usb cable from my 7135 for the Charger.