DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Rebuild pics from start to almost finished (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62259)

Moonlighter 09-24-2010 10:24 PM

Rebuild pics from start to almost finished

10 Attachment(s)
Hey guys it's been a busy summer rebuilding my baby Mistress, I promised I would post them in a thread when I was close to being done. The bed is going back on tomorrow and the interior will be finished by the end of the weekend so here goes. The paint job will have to wait until the spring when I can afford it, Mistress will be blue and silver again.

Moonlighter 09-24-2010 10:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
and some more they came out a bit small.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-24-2010 11:30 PM

Theres alot of hard work there .Thanks for the pics . Some rep for ya .

Moonlighter 09-26-2010 10:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks Tom it was a lot of hard work and long days. Here are the almost completed pictures. The center seat will go back in after I pick up a new seat belt receiver, there are a few lighting issues but I expected that after four months of being in dry dock. I lit her up today, I was so happy to hear her run again.

CdnoilRAM 09-26-2010 11:08 PM

I agree, that took some serious work to do, and looks like you did a good job :rep:

RootBeer 09-26-2010 11:12 PM

Definitely a lot of work. Mind if I ask why you decided to tear down and rebuild your Ram?

wermbang 09-27-2010 06:56 AM

Looks like some custom stripes down the hood :)

great job so far

CajunDodge 09-27-2010 07:30 AM

Wow that is quite the project there man. You've made some great progress, looking very good so far! I'm with Brian on wondering why the tear down/rebuild? Great job, though and thanks for sharing all the pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

Moonlighter 09-27-2010 10:40 AM

Hey guys thanks for all the kind posts. The biggest reason for the rebuild was the fact that I got T-boned in the drivers side last February which buckled the door and rocker into my seat, along with the fact that she is a plow truck in the winter and the rockers and cab corners had holes you could fit your fist into, the bed had no metal left in the bottom of it. I had made up a wood deck that was the bed lol. Along with the rear wheel wells were rotted out. The amount of salt that she goes through in the winter caused all kinds of cancer throughout the body and frame. Plus I got the parts truck for $400, and now I have a brand new truck that I don't mind taking to customers houses. It was a lot of work and I had to learn body work very quickly.

iRESQu 09-27-2010 12:31 PM

Very nice! Talk about a bunch of blood, sweat and tears! Reps from here as well!