DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Gah Title Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62455)

moparornocar72 09-27-2010 06:42 PM

Gah Title Issues

So they messed my middle name up on the title and tried to just make it darker and correct it and the state of alabama is pretty picky so they will kick it back is what the lady at the courthouse told me when I went to get my tag. All this happened after they have takin 3 weeks to get the title sent to the courthouse. I called the dealership and of course they appoligized refusely and are supposed to be overnighting me another tag with a newer date so I wont get pulled over anymore by "fife" tellin me that times running out. I had to notarize this document and send it to them so hopefully I can get it back and get my tag soon. But I just feel like they have had a month and now i'm using my money to overnight this paperwork and drive to and from the courthouse on more than one occasion. Just frustrated I guess.:LOL:

RootBeer 09-27-2010 07:09 PM

I'd love to say they'll take care of it and get you straight, but it took me telling my dealer my address 4 times before they got it right. That was all on the same day.

Even then they messed up the address on the paperwork I had to use for my registration and had to get the registration fixed. I figured the DOT would just use the address already in their system so didn't look at the registration when they gave it to me. Fortunately they were easy to work with and got it fixed easy.

moparornocar72 10-02-2010 03:42 PM

Yeah i politely reminded them that I still have 20 days or so before the whole 60 day handshake thing is up bahahahahahahaha

erm 10-02-2010 03:55 PM

That'll teach ya to alter an official document!!! ROTFL

Lesson learned by me a long time ago. They misspelled my last name and I tried to fix it the same way. Took a bit of time, work and frustration to "clear my name" as far as the state was concerned...LOL

moparornocar72 10-04-2010 02:25 PM

they literally had the new dealer tag at 9 am the next morning

Hutch11 10-04-2010 03:06 PM

I've had a similar issue with the spelling of my last name being incorrect on the registration. I've been on the phone with the county clerks office, the dealer and the finance company. It appears my paper work is in the mail at this time to the finance company. My understanding is that once they receive the documents that I can request that they send a "name change affidavit" to the state for correction. It's still a big hassle to deal with. Someone just didn't read the correct spelling I put down in the first place.

Hopefully, you can get a correction soon.

Hutch11

moparornocar72 10-08-2010 09:28 PM

title is at the tag office. going hopefully monday to get a tag! yea!

RootBeer 10-09-2010 12:39 AM

Good deal. I know its been a struggle.

RainmanX 10-13-2010 08:18 PM

You guys have it easy!

A couple of years ago I purchased a motorcycle from Craigs List. I asked the seller if he had the title, and he did.

Well when I purchased the bike and tried to get the plates and title converted, it turned out that the original seller didn't properly transfer things.

See this little starter motorcycle was sold between buddies, and they didn't go through getting the title/registration fixed each time. So the original owner would just order the plates in his name.

So I have a bike that I can't get a title or plates for (but isn't stolen). I was advised to get a replacement title, but I needed the original owner to submit it...The original owner was stationed in Iraq!!

So a few months later(during the prime riding season), and a lot of threatening, I finally got title to my motorcycle.

I was impatient, anxious, and upset waiting. I went and purchased a brand new bigger bike.:smileup:

moparornocar72 10-13-2010 11:13 PM

yeah i'm glad it wasnt that bad but it does make an interesting story