DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Just got back from the dealer- 3 things to fix (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62509)

Chubby Bruiser 09-28-2010 02:11 PM

Just got back from the dealer- 3 things to fix

Just got back from dealer (Boucher in Janesville Wi, I have to have the COWL that runs along the bottom of the windshield replaced because it has started to come away from the windshield, the actuator in the computer has a recall and it has to be replaced, and i am arguing with them about the chips on the front bumper. I want it fixed or I want a new bumper.

keithh2oskier 09-28-2010 02:53 PM

My truck is just over 3 weeks old and they r replacing the dash, repainting the tailgate, repainting the front drivers side door from deep scratches from when they sprayed the bed liner last.

There are a few things i can't pop up in the evic display so they are going to take care of those.

RamTech 09-28-2010 03:09 PM

There are no actuators in any of the computers and no PCM recalls out there. Perhaps they're replacing the WIN module under recall K-08?

keithh2oskier 09-28-2010 05:32 PM

Ramtech

Are you referring to my issues w/ the evic?
I cannot get oil pressure or Oil temp to work.

Also they said they would check to see if they can add the feature that allows the mirrors to tilt down in reverse. The service advisor said my truck likely didn't have that option but he would see what he could do.

Chubby Bruiser 09-28-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 321423)
There are no actuators in any of the computers and no PCM recalls out there. Perhaps they're replacing the WIN module under recall K-08?

I was surprised when I got there this morning when they told me there was a recall? Whatever it is they had to order the part Im pretty sure the service guy said it was an actuator and I have no idea what that is.

thewagon 09-29-2010 04:34 AM

You guys are tossing doubt in my mind as to the belief of "problem free" for these trucks. At least the first few years of ownership.

DBryant 09-29-2010 09:54 AM

Don't get the tilt down mirrors when in reverse. My wife's Maxima has them with the back up camera, which is good, but I hate the mirrors tilted down. Can't see behind the car.

jmr 09-29-2010 11:31 AM

You are bound to have problems with anything mass produced. My drivers side front door whistles above 65, it was a easy fix though.

keithh2oskier 09-29-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBryant (Post 322102)
Don't get the tilt down mirrors when in reverse. My wife's Maxima has them with the back up camera, which is good, but I hate the mirrors tilted down. Can't see behind the car.

My understanding is that you can turn this feature on/off. It would be nice because are driveway is so narrow that you only have a few inches on each side. I have a backup camera but it doesn't show me if i run over a sprinkler...

Shreve T 09-29-2010 01:44 PM

There is a recall on 2010 A/C actuator "K-17" Just had mine done yesterday.. They flash the computer and if the actuator does not respond they repplace them or it...

Took about 15-20min..I've had the truck 3weeks. Also note there is NO problem free vehicle built out there...