DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Installed mygig and its broke (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62602)

2010DodgeRamSport 09-29-2010 07:36 PM

Installed mygig and its broke

Got my mygig radio off ebay got it installed and low and behold the cd/dvd player wont work just locks up, also shows no hard drive space available and no hard drive space in use. Supposedly it was a brand new radio.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Took it to the dealer they did the updates and stuff and he thinks the radio is bad but i=s going to make some phone calls and call me back.

Thank god its covered under ebays buyer protection, and also paypal protection so hopefully I will get my money back if the seller wont refund it. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: :doh::doh:

SvB4EvA 09-29-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010DodgeRamSport (Post 322455)
Got my mygig radio off ebay got it installed and low and behold the cd/dvd player wont work just locks up, also shows no hard drive space available and no hard drive space in use. Supposedly it was a brand new radio.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Took it to the dealer they did the updates and stuff and he thinks the radio is bad but i=s going to make some phone calls and call me back.

Thank god its covered under ebays buyer protection, and also paypal protection so hopefully I will get my money back if the seller wont refund it. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: :doh::doh:

That sucks man...... sorry to hear that.

BeBeep 09-29-2010 10:29 PM

You should have got with the vendor you got it from instead of taking it to the dealer to monkey with. This could be a good excuse for them to not cover a replacement or refund. Not saying they will but it is a possibility. I would always contact the vendor before you do anything else.

erm 09-30-2010 12:02 AM

Definitely get back through eBay and file your claim. You probably paid for it using PayPal, right? Then get with them as well.

GTyankee 09-30-2010 02:42 AM

another eBay complaint
you want to save a few $$ & now your going to go thru a hassel
hope it works out for you, but, don't count on it

Talayoe 09-30-2010 10:28 AM

From what I have learned/heard about people trying to get things back, specifically thru paypal is that if its less then ... somethign like 15k they will basically tell you to go blow your hat.

Knew a fellow who bought a tractor off ebay, paid with paypal. He lives up here and drove down to the US to pick it up after the deal was done. It wasnt even the same bloody model! Paypal said too bad, 10k wasnt enough for them to get into it and he shoulda gone and looked at it first. He was fairly upset, we shall say.

Good luck! :)

SvB4EvA 09-30-2010 10:36 AM

Well, in light of all these negative comments about eBay and Paypal, I feel obligated to share my positive experiences.

I once purchased a video card for my computer on eBay. The card was supposed to be new in box. The card arrived, it was used for sure, and also the wrong model. Paypal refunded my money in full and I sent the card back to the person. Price was some where in the rage of $250.

Another occasion I purchased some fitted baseball caps, 2 for $40. The hats arrived and were cheap knock offs of real MLB hats. I was also reimbursed in full and kept the hats, needless to say, they became work hats.

2010DodgeRamSport 09-30-2010 01:30 PM

Ebay has a new thing called buyer protection, where they cover almost any item and will refund your money even if the seller wont, after contacting them the seller has agreed to refund my money. As for the smart comments keep them to yourself.

bigred 02-26-2011 05:34 PM

had a mygig sent to me low speed not high and was the wrong model number he had on the ebay sell I asked for a return and monny back ( was hard , guy gave me alot of bull ) ebay and paypal steped in and he had to give me my 400.00 back I paid shipping there insured so I got another one and this guy lied it was older but at lest its been working for mouths now lost 160.00 on dodge who didnt even look at the model munber or we would have just send it back then I gave them a chance on the next one to up date it and they lied was never done I got the cd s updated it and alls ok now there nic name now is dodge autolost !!!! wish I would have gotton a kenwood dnx set up !

thewagon 02-26-2011 11:46 PM

Who was the vendor so the rest of us don't get caught up in the same mess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010DodgeRamSport (Post 322455)