DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram - MOTM - Archives (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   2010 September - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62633)

BlueJet 09-30-2010 08:42 AM

2010 September - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our September Winner

RootBeer

And now a word from your winner.......

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...l/DSC_0008.jpg

Hi folks, I'm Brian. I have to say I am both honored and humbled to be selected as the September Member of the Month. This has definitely been another tough month for MOTM. My hat is off to the other nominees, all are SUPER Zers.

A little about me, I retired from the Air Force in 1993 and retired from being Telecommunications Engineering Project Manager (the fine are of unscrambling the omelet) in 2004. Now I'm just retired. :LOL: I've been a life long shade-tree mechanic, but these new technology vehicles are beyond me. Strictly old school, here. :D

My hobbies include; RamforumZ, photography, Golf, watching anything with a motor in it race, and of course my RootBeer. When the $$ allow I love to travel, especially in Asia.

Some may know the story of my RootBeer and some may not, so here goes. I was at the dealer perusing the 2010's and was seriously considering a Blue 1500 Big Horn. While the management was determining what they would give me for my 09 Laramie and what they would drop their price to, I went out front for a smoke. A car hauler pulled up with 2 brown Rams on it. In the bright sunlight they looked like RootBeer and I was in LOVE. Both were Big Horns and identical except 2 things, one was CC with a bench seat and the other was a QC with the buckets. I fell in love with the buckets in my Laramie so the choice was simple. Not to mention the price difference, QC being less. I canceled the deal on the Blue truck and the rest is history. :D RootBeer is my 4th Ram. My first was a 76 W-200 Beast. If it couldn't climb it, it would knock it down. :LOL: My next one was an 04 SLT Patriot Blue, like a dumbass I traded it in on an economy car when the gas prices jumped and I did not need a truck any longer. Next came the 09 Laramie which I bought in May 2010. Yes, 3 months before I got RB. It had leather seats and I couldn't stand them, it had to go. I'm the kind of person that will drive a vehicle till it drops if I'm happy with it. If I'm not, it won't stay for long.

As for how I feel about RB, just do a search on RootBeer and you'll see a bunch of posts about my mods and its road trip. I'm very happy with my baby and plan to keep her a long time. This is the first vehicle I have done other than functional mods to.

The Z is an amazing place. Everyone that comes to the site is made to feel at home, day 1. I've been a member of many forums over the years and this place is the best by a country mile. The amount of assistance and knowledge of the members is second to none in my humble opinion. The mods people come up with for their Rams are awesome, whether they are technical or cosmetic (like mine). The Staff here are superb. They do everything they can to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time and moving threads around to places where they will get the most visibility, especially when it is a request for help. The shear number of forums within the site for almost every topic shows this place is well thought out and managed.

Well, that's about it, other than thank you again for voting me Member of the Month.

chithead 09-30-2010 08:49 AM

Congratulations!

RamTech 09-30-2010 08:49 AM

:smileup:Congrats!:smileup:

rancherman 09-30-2010 08:57 AM

Way to go! I didn't know that about your truck!

wermbang 09-30-2010 09:22 AM

Congrats Brian!!

iRESQu 09-30-2010 10:08 AM

WTG Brian. Great write up and reps for your win!!! Thanks for all you do here.

BLKSVT 09-30-2010 10:18 AM

Congrats!!!!

dodgeman70592 09-30-2010 10:31 AM

Congrats Brian! Awesome write up!

Mountaineer 09-30-2010 11:02 AM

Congrats!!!!! :beerchug:

CajunDodge 09-30-2010 11:09 AM

Congrats on your win Brian and great writeup! Really enjoyed your story, great to have you here man! :smileup:

- Cajun