DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Highway Run (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=63224)

TheSatinPumpkin 10-08-2010 02:43 PM

Highway Run

This is something i dont normally do on the street. Also dont like to downshift into 2nd geat at WOT or go into OD. I prob' wont be doing it again anytime soon.

Had a run in with a 90 or mid 90's Thunderbird SC from a 60-110 roll and was pretty even. This happened while in D so i could not make use of the higher rpm but man i was surprised.

This was a lady who was tailgating the hell out of me until the lanes opened up and she pulled on the right of me so i thought why not and put the pedal down when she got to my door and stopped her pull right away but did not gain either. I went to about 110 but stopped at that point and she kept right on it. I need to get my stall in quick and start tuning this thing. Oh she was manually shifting as well.

PorkChop 10-08-2010 03:05 PM

Nice! i hate tail gaters! people these days are in such a hurry their willing to risk a life to get home 5 min faster

TheSatinPumpkin 10-08-2010 03:25 PM

Tucson is notorious for tailgating - In my mind anyway.

Need Road Armor Bumpers on ALL sides lol.

RootBeer 10-08-2010 07:50 PM

I hate tail-gaiters too. When I was growing up in Tucson the issue we had there was the 80 year old, old ladies in their Caddies going 10mph in the left lane. Or sitting in the left lane instead of using the center turn lanes.

CHVYKLR 10-11-2010 11:16 AM

i don't like TGers also. I usually slow to about 5 mph below the speed limit, ignore them and eventually they'll do something stupid to pass me.

Ram420 10-12-2010 04:21 AM

do what i did i got my old hitch and a 4 inch by 1 inch by 4 foot slab of cold rolled steel and welded it to the hitch... put that sucker on when i know i got a lot of in-town driving to do... dont see too many ppl that want to get on my ars cut im a fan of tap'n the brakes and put'n a fat dent into the front end of the guy 3 inchs away from my tail gate..... may put some dull spikes on it to "point" out im not a fan of lil cars get'n right up on me to hide from the wind.

TheSatinPumpkin 10-12-2010 01:07 PM

Yeah i feel safer driving our spare Ford Ranger sometimes cause it has a hitch at the back. Nothing but a smooth welded in rollpan on the Ram lol. Ah well.

platinuminjected 10-12-2010 03:27 PM

nice kill i hate tailgaters also but what i usualld do is slow right down or ill tap the breaks a couple of times and they usually slack off

TheSatinPumpkin 10-12-2010 06:41 PM

Actually i dont really consider it a kill as i am surprised the Thunderbird SC kept up. I stopped it from passing but was door to door until i let off.
Since i was in D i was not in my powerband but thought i would creep away but she hung right there. Also about three times bigger than the driver so that did not help me either lol.

Checked some videos of them and some of them are pretty stout.