DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Busted out window (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=63332)

Digipenguin 10-10-2010 11:50 AM

Busted out window

Went to the Blues game last night. Good game. Blues won in sudden death!

Went back to the truck high on the win (and a few icy cold beverages) yelling, "Let's go Blues" with the crowd all the way. When we got up to my truck I opened the door for my wife and she looks up at the back window and says, "Well THAT can't be good". My back window was completely spiderwebbed with a half dollar sized hole through the middle.

What a letdown. Sometimes people really disappoint me.

What to do now. Does insurance cover vandalism?

BlueJet 10-10-2010 11:57 AM

Well that sucks. It is a letdown to know you can't enjoy an evening out without wondering if someone will mess with your vehicle! :(

As for your insurance question, I have never had to see about a vandalism claim, knock on wood, but I am sure others here will be able to give you advice.

CajunDodge 10-10-2010 11:57 AM

That really sucks, was just telling somebody, there seems to be a rash of this crap lately, kinda makes me hesitant to go to certain places, but I would get some estimates on what it's gonna cost to replace the window and if it's something you can afford, I'd handle it like that, but I believe some on here have had their insurance take care of fixing their trucks from similar stupid incidents. Good luck and be sure to keep us posted!

- Cajun

jcasey10 10-10-2010 11:57 AM

Ouch that hurts :(

Chili1K 10-10-2010 12:03 PM

That sucks, and yes...... your insurance should cover this without your rates going up. The comprehensive is for anything when your truck is parked. It all depends what your deductible is. Chat with your insurance see what they say...

Im sure it will work out even though you have to pay for it.

Chili

iRESQu 10-10-2010 01:24 PM

That is horrible. Not the way to end a great night! Some people!

GTyankee 10-10-2010 01:34 PM

sorry about the damage
i think that i would be going to a auto glass shop & getting an estimate for repairs, it may be under what your deductible on your insurance is & if it is you wouldn't want to even mention it to them

Digipenguin 10-10-2010 02:06 PM

I'm going to check with my insurance office here locally. They are really helpful. The girl at the front desk can usually tell us the best thing to do. If not she asks the agent and calls back. They're great.

I just don't get it sometimes. It was just senseless vandalism. They didn't even take anything. I had to bust the window completely out before I left because I was going to be on the interstate and any expansion joint bump would have sent the whole thing down like a house of cards and the wind would have blown the glass shards all over. Now I've got glass all over the back seat and in my 4 year olds booster seat.

I'm guessing it was just kids being stupid, not a thief.

GTyankee 10-10-2010 06:56 PM

it also could have been a spent small caliber bullet, they all have to come down somewhere
what goes up must come down

jcasey10 10-10-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 331061)
it also could have been a spent small caliber bullet, they all have to come down somewhere
what goes up must come down

Wouldn't that be nuts. But it'd have to be around the truck somewhere. Hmmm.