DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Front of truck not level - Left to Right (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=63365)

NCBowhunter 10-10-2010 07:44 PM

Front of truck not level - Left to Right

I have ReadyLift torsion keys coming in the mail soon, I measured from the fender to the top of the wheel on both sides and I was about 3/4" higher on the left side. So when I put the keys on, I want to make sure I raise it 2 inches, I don't want to go too high and mess up my CV angles or something. So do I use the left or ride side as a "starting point" and go up two inches from that point? Maybe someone else who has a stock truck can tell me your height from that point?

jblood05 10-10-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCBowhunter (Post 331116)
I have ReadyLift torsion keys coming in the mail soon, I measured from the fender to the top of the wheel on both sides and I was about 3/4" higher on the left side. So when I put the keys on, I want to make sure I raise it 2 inches, I don't want to go too high and mess up my CV angles or something. So do I use the left or ride side as a "starting point" and go up two inches from that point? Maybe someone else who has a stock truck can tell me your height from that point?

I have a 05 quad cab and mine was 33" from the wheel lip to the bottom of the fender. I installed pro-comp keys and now its 34 3/4" if that helps

NCBowhunter 10-10-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblood05 (Post 331126)
I have a 05 quad cab and mine was 33" from the wheel lip to the bottom of the fender. I installed pro-comp keys and now its 34 3/4" if that helps

I will see what mine is tomorrow thanks. The only problem i see with that measurement is that it includes your tire sidewall which can vary, different tire size, tire wear, inflation, etc.

ScatPak07 10-10-2010 10:03 PM

Maybe go off the lower side to be safe. Really it should come to the rear height. So if you want measure the rear height on both sides. Then take of around 2" (which is average leveling kit heights) off and then that should tell you which side is right.

BigHorn 4 Life 10-11-2010 05:57 AM

My truck sits about a 1/2" lower on my drivers side.There is no truck out there that is perfectly level from the factory.How can I level my truck on my drivers side?Although it could be my driveway too lol.It isn't level either.

RamTech 10-11-2010 09:46 AM

Ride height measurements aren't taken off the body but rather the suspension. This is why some vehicles may be a bit higher on one side.

BigHorn 4 Life 10-11-2010 10:33 AM

Gotcha.How can i fix this or can I?