DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Another CAI almost done!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64045)

bcjjones 10-19-2010 02:23 PM

Another CAI almost done!!

Heres my homemade CAI. Got it almost finished over the weekend. The filter is in closed in an airtight box made out of 22 guage aluminum, airhat off a dodge dakota(had to make the s bolt for it), hooked up to a thick walled 3" pvc pipe and one of the larger spectra filters. Then I ran a 4" pvc pipe out of the other side an hooked it up to one of the rectangle aluminum duct pieces to catch more air. Works real well. Everythings airtight. Let me know what you think!!

Tried uploading the pictures and it wont let me. Resize to files to where they are tiny and it still wont let me. Says it exceeds the kb limit but idk how? any help would be appreciated, i really wanna upload these pictures. Thanks

GPSHSLAX 10-19-2010 02:33 PM

What file type and extension are you using?

bamasport 10-19-2010 02:37 PM

put them into paint, click image, resize/skew and put 50% in both, then save. this should shrink them down enough and put them into the right file type to upload here

GPSHSLAX 10-19-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamasport (Post 338347)
put them into paint, click image, resize/skew and put 50% in both, then save. this should shrink them down enough and put them into the right file type to upload here

That method would reduce the size of the image and well at the space it occupies by approximately 75% but will keep it in whatever format it is unless he changes it.

There are better options depending on if he wants to keep the original size and depending on what file type the images currently are.

bamasport 10-19-2010 02:49 PM

true, i was just giving him an option and its what i do and seems to work out real nice like. guess my camera is set to the format, sorry for the mis-info

bcjjones 10-19-2010 02:50 PM

yea already tried to move the file to paint and resize it. i got it down to the length and width size it should be, but its says the file size of 221 kb exceeds the 19.5 kb limit. its a bmp file and the way im trying to upload it is threw manage attachments. not sure what im doing wrong

bamasport 10-19-2010 02:50 PM

i guess i was just answering his kb sizing questions, since he stated that was his problem

GPSHSLAX 10-19-2010 02:57 PM

When you save it in paint do a save as and try jpeg. You have more room in term of kb here with that format and that format is compressed. Bitmaps are lossless but resulting big.

GPSHSLAX 10-19-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamasport (Post 338354)
true, i was just giving him an option and its what i do and seems to work out real nice like. guess my camera is set to the format, sorry for the mis-info

My first post came off sounding kind of aggresive. Not my intention. I appreciate that we are just both trying to help.

GPSHSLAX 10-19-2010 03:01 PM

one more thing

Also ... be sure to use the .jpg and not .jpeg version of the extention. You get 97k and no height/width restriction that way.