DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   gauranteed cai numbers (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64084)

05bee729 10-19-2010 09:52 PM

gauranteed cai numbers

tryin to decide what cai to go with i was set on the hemi under glass till i read on here how they fall apart but they are the only ones ive seen so far that gaurantee numbers at the track i dont care what intake claims it adds 30 hp even if it dosent take off .0001 at the track who cares. the bfi looks sick but i cant make my self pay 330 bucks for sumthin i gotta wait months for and no gauranteed numbers. are the hemi under glass cai really junk and are there any other cai's that gaurantee numbers

erm 10-19-2010 10:06 PM

I've seen a lot of claims but no guaranteed numbers as the mfgr can't cover, with their testing, all the ambient conditions the various owners have in their area.

Basic premise is a cold air intake should bring in air from outside the engine, not necessarily just suck up a bunch of hot air inside the engine compartment. So, I'd suggest you look at Vararam, AFE or Volant for the enclosed filter box type with a tube or duct that goes to a location for cold outside air.

05bee729 10-19-2010 10:10 PM

that sort of answered my question but not totally i really want to know if the hemi under glass is junk that falls apart or not mainly because they gaurantee numbers or your money back

cosbourn 10-19-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05bee729 (Post 338729)
that sort of answered my question but not totally i really want to know if the hemi under glass is junk that falls apart or not mainly because they gaurantee numbers or your money back

yeah, a Vararam equiped hemi ram quad cab holds the quickest 1/4 mile time among stock trucks compared to the older BFI's or other CAI's...BUT...i can't bring myself to spend $400 on something that, from what i've read, is liable to break due the crappy plastic mounts, and ducts that they use. I would wait on numbers or times from some of us getting the new BFI before you go dropping $400 you know?

05bee729 10-19-2010 11:01 PM

you just answered my question then if the fastest truck has that intake thats the one im gettin if a little plastic mount breaks after warrany is up thats what they make jb weld for lol and moes had the hemi under glass for 310$

MoparMadness08 10-19-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05bee729 (Post 338821)
you just answered my question then if the fastest truck has that intake thats the one im gettin if a little plastic mount breaks after warrany is up thats what they make jb weld for lol and moes had the hemi under glass for 310$

marylandspeed.com has it for $298. the cheapest ive ever seen and free shipping.

cosbourn 10-19-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05bee729 (Post 338821)

well, i guess let us all know what you think after you get it. maybe some track time diff's?

semichigan 10-19-2010 11:10 PM

BFI!......

MoparMadness08 10-19-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semichigan (Post 338832)
BFI!......

YES^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

05bee729 10-19-2010 11:17 PM

the bfi does look bad ass man and if it does put down sum decent numbers and isnt on like a 8 year back order ( lol) when im ready to get one illget bfi but other wise im gettin varram