DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   re: Best Tonneau Cover...?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64208)

barkboxx 10-21-2010 02:32 PM

re: Best Tonneau Cover...??

Hi all,

just curious about what the best truck bed covers are out there...I'm looking at a tri-fold style...any recommendations?

thanks,
M

Chili1K 10-21-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkboxx (Post 340024)
Hi all,

just curious about what the best truck bed covers are out there...I'm looking at a tri-fold style...any recommendations?

thanks,
M

Love my Bakflip..probably wont try any other if i get a new truck. ill go right back to it.

plenty of posts with pics of it on here..

here was my post
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=worse

SvB4EvA 10-22-2010 12:51 PM

I am pleased with my BakFlip F1 after the first month of use.

barkboxx 10-22-2010 03:49 PM

thanks for the input...I think the Bakflip G2 is exactly was I was looking for!!

old hot rod 01-01-2011 07:35 PM

how easy is the bakflip to use and does it lock?

RootBeer 01-01-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old hot rod (Post 396577)

After months of reading on here and research on the net myself, I ordered a Bak-flip G2 and am waiting for it to arrive.

Based on what I found out it gives the best of all worlds.

1. Security: If the tailgate is locked, the cover can't be opened without a pri-bar.

2. Each panel latches in place so you can open it part way and still drive.

3. Once one panel is folded back onto another, you can stand on it with no problems.

4. It can be opened all the way to allow for access to the whole bed or removed in minutes if needed.

JRI 01-01-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old hot rod (Post 396577)

Real easy to use and a locking tailgate it required. Just check their web site or go on youtube and there are loads of video showing operation. I've had mine for 8 months and have no regrets.

05Train 01-01-2011 08:30 PM

I've had a BakFlip F1 since August. I got the F1 rather than the G2, because I didn't want to worry about it denting, I wanted it to be as light as possible, and the warranty's longer. The BakFlip is, as far as I'm concerned, the best cover available if you regularly haul things in your bed that are taller than the sides of the bed.

When not hauling, it looks fantastic. It's about as watertight as can be expected, truthfully I think what water gets in is coming from the tailgate and all the various holes in the bed. If you have a drop-in bedliner, this won't be an issue.

When hauling, there are a couple of serious drawbacks. Let's say you're hauling a headboard for a king-sized bed. You can't shove it against the front of the bed, as the folded cover is there. You also can't lean it against the sides of the bed, as the support arms for the cover are there.

Let's say you're hauling 20 sheets of plywood with the tailgate up. Rather than just loading and going like you would normally, you have to strap the load down to keep it from shifting, otherwise you'll crush the side rails for the cover. You also need to watch your drain tubes if you run them to the holes on the lower sides of the bed.

Someone (Root Beer, I think) mentioned he was going to run the tubes out the stake pockets, however that wouldn't work for me, as the angle was to tight and there wasn't enough fall in order for the cover to drain. YMMV.

Now with all that said, I don't think there's a better cover out there for anyone who regularly uses the bed of their truck.

jdlatil 01-02-2011 01:23 AM

F1 here too, got the Bak box also, it kind of small for a tool box but out to the way and nothing rolling around in the bed.

Outlaw 01-02-2011 11:09 PM

whats the difference in f1 and g2