DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   New Section! New Story! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64369)

jcasey10 10-24-2010 03:08 PM

New Section! New Story!

I'm so glad we have this new discussion section! Thanks to the moderators! :smileup:

So, I figured I'd post up a new offroad story from my adventures yesterday. I was hangin out with a friend and he has a 4x4 chebbie, so we went and did a little off roading on my grandpa's land. We were way out in the farm land which is a lot off big hills and some rocky roads. We were cruisin along and it started raining really hard and the rocks started to wash out. I knew what was gonna happen so I immediately kicked it in 4hi and did my best to not get pinched in the big rocks. My friend thought he could be a badass and left his in 2wd. BAD IDEA! He waited for me to get to the top of this rocky pass and I turned around at the top and watched from my truck. He messed up and slipped in to the washed out section and immediately got stuck. He wasn't ready to give up, so he smashed the gas....needless to say, he tore up the edges of his chrome wheels from all the rocks. Finally he kicked it in 4wd and got out of the rut. I felt bad for him ruining his wheels, but at the same time he did it to himself... Luckily my Dodge had no problem crawlin up the hill :D

RootBeer 10-24-2010 03:26 PM

4x4 is only as good as the driver. good story. :D

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-24-2010 03:35 PM

Watch me in my Chebbie . I don't need 4x4 . I'll show that Dodge something .

iRESQu 10-24-2010 11:43 PM

Very nice! Next time, grab your phone and start snapping some pics!!! If I make it out to a "playground" anytime soon, I will take some pics!

brad12kx 10-25-2010 12:14 AM

Boy....did he show you!!! :LOL:

CdnoilRAM 10-25-2010 12:31 AM

Great story :smileup:

jcasey10 10-25-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icOVERu (Post 342401)
Very nice! Next time, grab your phone and start snapping some pics!!! If I make it out to a "playground" anytime soon, I will take some pics!

Will do! I'll go out with my brothers on the 4 wheelers sometime and get the ol dodge out.

Mountaineer 10-27-2010 11:45 AM

I hope ruining his wheels was worth his pride...sheesh!

Well first big rain hit a couple of days ago so I took the wife and kid mudding on Monday. With my new good year wrangler silent armors I never had to put it in 4x4. I was shocked at how well they performed. I got my truck caked and had grass and mud hanging from the bull bar and exhaust and everywhere else. I let it dry and took a picture.....but to my dismay mud blends in perfectly with the Austin Tan Pearl paint!!!! LOL! You have to be less than ten feet away to notice that the truck is dirty at all. Good thing there is some chrome on it, at least that looks dirty! Im getting ready to post a bunch of new pictures on my profile so you can see what Im talking about.

GeauxHunting 10-29-2010 01:04 AM

Good story... We just got some rain down here... I am going hunting saturday morning and we might hit some mud holes on the way out... I will post pictures and videos if I do.

jcasey10 10-29-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer (Post 344519)
I hope ruining his wheels was worth his pride...sheesh!

Well first big rain hit a couple of days ago so I took the wife and kid mudding on Monday. With my new good year wrangler silent armors I never had to put it in 4x4. I was shocked at how well they performed. I got my truck caked and had grass and mud hanging from the bull bar and exhaust and everywhere else. I let it dry and took a picture.....but to my dismay mud blends in perfectly with the Austin Tan Pearl paint!!!! LOL! You have to be less than ten feet away to notice that the truck is dirty at all. Good thing there is some chrome on it, at least that looks dirty! Im getting ready to post a bunch of new pictures on my profile so you can see what Im talking about.

Good to hear the Goodyears came through! Cool story