DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   4.8L, 5.3L, 4.6L, 5.4L and a 2010 Duramax (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64370)

RumbleRam 10-24-2010 03:24 PM

4.8L, 5.3L, 4.6L, 5.4L and a 2010 Duramax

In my town we have a old shut down plant that the drive is like a hair longer than a 1/8th mile, so everybody goes out there to race it's out in the country so city cops cant hear us, but in one night me being like the only dodge guy in my town of my age everyone else is chevy and ford, everyone wanted a shot at the ole dodge, all i have done to the truck at this point was exhaust headers and CAI, so i lined up with a 4.8L chevy ext cab 4x4, beat him by a truck and a half, then a 5.3L chevy beat him only by a fender maybe a little more it was a good race, the 4.6L Ford is not even worth mention probably two trucks or more and same goes with the 5.4L i was very upset beat him by a truck, and the worst one of all....the 2010 Duramax i figured i'd get my butt handed to me, not the case i beat him by half a fender.....and now no one in my town talks crap about my dodge and i actually know a few guys who switched over and they couldn't believe the power and luxury difference in the cabs

RootBeer 10-24-2010 03:52 PM

great story and kills. :D

moparmanicac 10-24-2010 04:53 PM

Nice I love putting F--ds and Chevys in their place. I was pleasantly surprised by the power of my stock 4.7 no if only I could keep it on the road :/

GeauxHunting 10-24-2010 05:28 PM

That guy driving the dmax must be a terrible driver. My friend has a dmax and we beat 5.7's by truck lengths.

RumbleRam 10-24-2010 05:38 PM

nah man he races dirt sprint and he has a jr dragster, he knew what he was doing, the truck only had 600 miles on it tho so me may have not been pushing it, but either way doesnt look good on him

sprintertech 10-29-2010 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxHunting (Post 342086)
That guy driving the dmax must be a terrible driver. My friend has a dmax and we beat 5.7's by truck lengths.

duramax is the slower of the 3 diesels......i ran a couple of em in my old 4.7 truck and it was allways a couple lengths.....your buddies truck must have a nice programmer or something to run with a 5.7......i ran a dmax the other day that had a edge programmer and it was nolo conterdo!!!!!!!!had a truck or so on him by 2nd gear.....

RumbleRam 10-29-2010 01:52 PM

yeah i expected to loose against the duramax i mean it had 650 ft/lbs compared to my 315ft/lbs lol i know he ways more but power:weight he wins lol....on paper lol

js1977 11-06-2010 05:32 PM

Well I think it's cool that you beat the duramax but with what the other guy is saying, it all depends on the year model and style (crew,long bed) of the duramax, the first gen are a lot slower then the rest, the duramax gets faster and faster with each gen change that GM makes. I've owned two, an 05 and a 09 and I could tell the defference between them and the 05 was pretty quick. The 2011 are freakin crazy fast, but keep in mind, it's a diesel, their not meant for racing (even though they can put some serious low numbers down at the track) their meant for hauling. Reguardless, it's a kill, lol so congrats.

sprintertech 11-06-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js1977 (Post 352025)
Well I think it's cool that you beat the duramax but with what the other guy is saying, it all depends on the year model and style (crew,long bed) of the duramax, the first gen are a lot slower then the rest, the duramax gets faster and faster with each gen change that GM makes. I've owned two, an 05 and a 09 and I could tell the defference between them and the 05 was pretty quick. The 2011 are freakin crazy fast, but keep in mind, it's a diesel, their not meant for racing (even though they can put some serious low numbers down at the track) their meant for hauling. Reguardless, it's a kill, lol so congrats.

each year all the diesels have gotten faster and more powerful....the new dmax is eons quicker then in the past.....but the older ones were turds as compared to the competition......2011 owners are hittin flat 15's stock in the 2500's....friend had a earlier model 2500 (unsure on year) that couldnt even get in the 16's stock....went like 17.2....

js1977 11-06-2010 09:11 PM

Yeah they were slower stock, but with a few mods and they were (not saying the fastest) pretty quick. My 05 ext cab short box 4x4 had a banks six gun, banks exhaust, AFE intake and it could seriously move. I only put a banks ram air and banks exhaust on my 09 crew cab dually, but it had some serious power for the weight it was carrying. I liked my 06 cummins the best though, just wished it would of had a standard tranny, lol. I had a dyno done on the cummins and it was pushing 365hp to the rear wheels (after the big three mods added).