DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Newbie from the Charger side (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64414)

1MeanSRT 10-25-2010 12:04 AM

Newbie from the Charger side

Hi all. I'm new here from the Charger side of the Z where my handle name is "Chad"(which is my name). My very first vehicle when I was 16 was a 1987 dodge ram pickup. I joined here because I'm sure I can pick up some useful information about Rams. I'm currently in the market for a truck that I can make my daily driver to keep miles off of my Charger. Also, winter is coming up and I need something reliable that will get me through the snow. I figure I love my Charger so much that I may as well stick with mopar and find myself a ram. Looking forward to seeing what kind of mods you guys have for these!

brad12kx 10-25-2010 12:06 AM

Welcome to the Ram side of the forum Chad, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

AND - We all like pix! I'm pretty sure the same applies on the Charger side........... :4-dontknow:

Enjoy the Z

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-25-2010 12:07 AM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Do you have any pictures of your Charger ? Have you done any mods ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

iRESQu 10-25-2010 12:08 AM

Hello and welcome aboard the (Ram)ForumZ! Great to have you! I think if you are only going to be hauling your Charger, then a 1500 would suffice. At a minimum, I would recommend either 4.7 or 5.7 and 4x4 to keep you out of trouble in the snow, or if you are like most of us, keep you in trouble playing! And of course, Blue is the strongest and the best color!

1MeanSRT 10-25-2010 12:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Yes I have photos! Though no heavy modding has been done as opposed to my other Charger brethren, I do have the SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust system and am in the beginning stages of dressing up my engine bay courtesy of 3gcustomz. Currently in the process of getting a new fascia.. I just can't decide between OEM or Grip tuning. Parts shown are the ABS and fusebox covers currently unpainted.

iRESQu 10-25-2010 12:17 AM

Nice, I have seen only one other red SRT8 and it was around the GA/FL border on my way to Tallahassee.

1MeanSRT 10-25-2010 12:23 AM

Torreds aren't very common in my area either. There are 2 other SRTs in my area, one brilliant black and the other is silver.

brad12kx 10-25-2010 12:31 AM

Sweet Charger! That is the first Torred I've seen.....I like! That car can park beside my Ram any day. Thanks for the pix!....and good luck in finding the right Ram. :smileup:

1MeanSRT 10-25-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 342475)
Sweet Charger! That is the first Torred I've seen.....I like! That car can park beside my Ram any day. Thanks for the pix!....and good luck in finding the right Ram. :smileup:

Thanks! I currently have my eye on a 2002 beige ram. 4.7 with sport package, regular cab short bed.

miller2013 10-25-2010 12:38 AM

Howdy, and Welcome... :beerchug: