DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "Dodge" Ram is History !!.. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64770)

VTX Al 10-29-2010 01:26 PM

"Dodge" Ram is History !!..

...At least here in Canada. 2011 Dodge Rams are now known simply as "Ram 1500", "Ram 2500" etc. Still maintain the Ram's head badge, but all external reference to the word "Dodge" is gone. Assume the same is true in the U.S. ?

...VTX-AL

RootBeer 10-29-2010 02:06 PM

Haven't looked, but cool.

RamTech 10-29-2010 02:24 PM

Yup. The Ram brand became it's own entity for the 2010 MY and newer.

moparmanicac 10-29-2010 02:58 PM

Forget on what interview but a Chrysler rep said ina pickuptrucks.com interview that it will always be a Dodge at heart just a branding thing. And in the upcoming cars the ram head will be gone replaced with dodge in the grille on the steering wheel and wherever the ram heads usually are and will be using the Dodge with the 2 slanted stripes logo I think its a cool idea giving the trucks more of their own identity without changing much besides looks

M0PARMGNUM 10-29-2010 03:55 PM

This is kinda cool, so the trucks wont be like mine and have Dodge on the tailgate or anywhere at all? It'll just be called RAM?

Still a dodge tho? Correct? But the Rams have there own seperate thing. Kinda confused at the moment myself..Just a little tho..I guess...lol

coreyCK 10-29-2010 04:22 PM

I dunno I like that it says DODGE, Im going to miss that when it comes to buy a new truck down the road (eventually).

dubstar 10-29-2010 07:31 PM

its not really just a branding thing, just a clever way of seperating the various products so if needed the dodge truck division can be sold off to a new owner and nothing needs to be changed as they can use the ram name.

my 2010 has a combo of brands... only ram on the outside but dodge sneaks in to a few trim parts on the inside as obv they had stock left over.

moparmanicac 10-29-2010 11:59 PM

I highly doubt Ram would ever be sold off I just think its more for giving Dodge its own identity b/c unlike Ford and Chevy when people think modern Dodge vehicle they dont think passenger vehicle its either truck or muscle plus the new Ram site and ramzone.com are really cool lol

raceram9 11-05-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparmanicac (Post 346334)
I highly doubt Ram would ever be sold off I just think its more for giving Dodge its own identity b/c unlike Ford and Chevy when people think modern Dodge vehicle they dont think passenger vehicle its either truck or muscle plus the new Ram site and ramzone.com are really cool lol

my 07 did not say dodge any where on the exterior, but remember dodge has always been Chrysler PERFORMANCE brand and you don't or shouldn't think of a RAM as a performance vehicle...(us owners know otherwise) is a work horse and I think it will do it good to have its own brand the RAM has saved Chrysler a$$ a few times(1994) and lets be honest the money was not put back in to the ram like it needed to be. As its own brand the quality will increase as the money is put back in R&D and give us a better truck we have seen recently.

HoustonHemi 11-11-2010 09:17 PM

Motorcycles have been doing the same thing for years,,,

Star = Yamaha Cruiser
Victory = Polaris MC division
Vulcan = Kawasaki Cruiser

Pure 'identity recognition' issue