DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   09.316 1/8 PB at MAM (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65583)

RamTex 11-05-2010 11:41 PM

09.316 1/8 PB at MAM

1 Attachment(s)
Figured i would go to my local 1/8th mile Mid America Motorplex for the last race night of the season to get some runs in. I had a great night full of kills for the first time for this truck at the track. Beat a 2010 5.0 mustang beat a supercharged charger and the rest of the chargers there and and a few other late model NA stangs. Had to run it in 4x4, it ran the fastest in 4x4. Sux i had my 24's on and a full tank of gas... I got tons of people asking me about my truck they were very impressed. Cant wait till next season once i get my 17's and DR on maybe ill run 9.00's. Next time i wont have a full tank of gas either!

Here is my best time slip of the night.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-05-2010 11:54 PM

I'm use to seeing 1/8th mile times in the high 4's , low 5's (drag radial cars). Good time though for a pickup . Sounds like you put the screws to several cars there .

PorkChop 11-06-2010 02:36 AM

looking good man, id love to get mine down to the track, though it not a racer, i would like to see my times

autobred 11-06-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTex (Post 351656)
Figured i would go to my local 1/8th mile Mid America Motorplex for the last race night of the season to get some runs in. I had a great night full of kills for the first time for this truck at the track. Beat a 2010 5.0 mustang beat a supercharged charger and the rest of the chargers there and and a few other late model NA stangs. Had to run it in 4x4, it ran the fastest in 4x4. Sux i had my 24's on and a full tank of gas... I got tons of people asking me about my truck they were very impressed. Cant wait till next season once i get my 17's and DR on maybe ill run 9.00's. Next time i wont have a full tank of gas either!

congratulations! I see you have some nice mods. Curious, did you pay to get a custom tune done with your diablo? Theres more in there if you havent.:smiley_thumbs_up:

RamTex 11-06-2010 12:53 PM

Well the nearest dyno is in Lincoln and he doesn't do mopar tunes. I know there is a guy in Kansas City that does mopar tunes but thats like 3hrs away. Yeah ive said it before and ill say i Nebraska SUUUUUUUCKS! Don't ever live here trust me.

CHVYKLR 11-06-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTex (Post 351890)
Well the nearest dyno is in Lincoln and he doesn't do mopar tunes. I know there is a guy in Kansas City that does mopar tunes but thats like 3hrs away. Yeah ive said it before and ill say i Nebraska SUUUUUUUCKS! Don't ever live here trust me.

nice first night out but yeah the 24s didn't help ya. lol

when you get to a point where you won't be doing any engine mods for a while that 3 hour drive for a custom tune will be well worth it.

couple of changes for next time: like you mentioned just run with half a tank of gas, DRs, and I would unbolt your front sway bar to help with weight transfer.

Every tenth off your 60' time will equal 2-tenths from your trap time.

sprintertech 11-07-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTex (Post 351656)

that should equate to some high 13's in the 1/4.......nice times!

what gear you running?

RamTex 11-07-2010 01:22 PM

im not really sure what the rear end is... its either a 3.55 or 3.92. Cant seem to find my window tag.

CHVYKLR 11-07-2010 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you should have a sticker on your rear axle like this.

RamTex 11-08-2010 01:39 AM

Well rats yeah i have 3.55's booo.... This will be getting addressed very soon. I want 4.56's or 4.10's still trying to find a place that sells them.