DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Exhaust Question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65589)

white06ram 11-06-2010 04:46 AM

Exhaust Question

Hello everyone I am new to the forums and just had a question about exhaust. I can not seem to find much for my truck. I have a 2006 4x4 4.7L V8 SLT quad cab. I have been searching around on the internet and there really isn't much to choose from unless I am not looking in the right places. Does anyone know of a good website to find something for my truck? Thanks for any help in advance. I get back from deployment in 2 months and wanted to treat myself to an exhaust when I get back. Thanks again.

RamTech 11-06-2010 09:04 AM

What are you looking for? Cat-back systems? Headers? High flow cats?

white06ram 11-06-2010 09:47 AM

I am definitely a truck noob and right now just looking for catback systems I think I found one on flowmasters website. What is the definition of a mega cab ram because the exhaust I am looking at fits everything but that. I have a quad cab and am very new at this.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-06-2010 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a pic of a Mega Cab . Notice the extended part of the cab behind the rear door . When you buy a MC you know you've bought one . I would tend to believe you don't have one . Don't forget to stop by the newbie section and introduce yourself .

erm 11-06-2010 10:12 AM

Welcome to the forum. Are you wanting to go with a dual exhaust system? If so, there isn't much there for a 4.7L but that doesn't mean you can't have one. A good exhaust shop can fab one up for you easily enough. A couple of pipes to replace the Y pipe in your system, you may need another cat for one side, two mufflers, two tailpipes and yer good to go.

I like the Magnaflow sound over the Flows personally. It has a different, more mellow tone when cruising so it's not so intrusive in the cab but does have a nice roar to it when you get on it.

BigOrange 11-08-2010 07:36 PM

You've got lots of options here. It really depends on how much you want to spend. You could go with just a muffler to get the sound you want and not spend too much, or you could throw 2-3 hundred at it and get a nice dual system made with muffler, pipes, & tips. I started out with just a SI/SO Magnaflow in place of the factory factory muffler, but later switched to a SI/DO Magnaflow with pipes straight out the back w/ chrome tips. I'd also check out youtube.com and do a search on Dodge Ram 4.7L Exhaust clips to get a good idea of what all the different mufflers out there sound like.

20ram08 01-11-2011 04:47 PM

I have a 2008 4.7L and am looking to buy an exhaust system. I'm leaning towards the Magnaflow system, but the problem is they don't specifically make one for the 4.7. I'm wondering if anyone knows if a cat back system designed for the 5.7 will fit my 4.7. If so, this opens up a lot of new options.

1979 lil red 01-11-2011 10:01 PM

Several weeks ago, I found a place on the net called Race Parts Direct. They sell all kinds of exhaust systems for pick-ups including the Ram 4.7. I purchased a cat-back duel exhaust with a Magna-flow stainless steel muffler and chrome tips. All for less than $220. Shipping was free, and I received all the hangers and clamps with the purchase. I installed the exhaust myself with no problems, it helped that they sent every part marked for installation. If you are a do-it-yourself guy, I would recommend Race Parts Direct.

the1taylorboy 01-15-2011 07:02 PM

they now have a truck exhaust website http://www.truckexhaustkits.com/

platinuminjected 01-15-2011 07:11 PM

check out magnaflow