DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Debadging secret revealed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65863)

girlyman51 11-08-2010 05:53 PM

Debadging secret revealed

I debadged my Ram on Sunday and I seen a small chip in the paint but when I did the other side I noticed another chip in the other side. I think these are for aligning the side emblems at the factory. The chips are about the size of a pin head but I noticed it on my truck right away since my paint is a little dark. The chip is under the 1 of the 1500 part of the emblem. This just pissed me off. Maybe Pedro should learn another way to align the emblem.

RootBeer 11-08-2010 05:55 PM

That sucks. Haven't heard of anyone else debadging and finding something like that.

platinuminjected 11-08-2010 07:26 PM

ohhh that suxs bud gonna have to get some touch up paint i guess

js1977 11-10-2010 01:21 PM

O' I've seen it on a few vehicles that I've debadged in my time. I don't like most of the factory badges on trucks (it's just the way I am) and I've seen those pin chips that he's talking about. I've seen them on my 06 dodge I had, my 09 chevy truck and my '11 camaro I had for a short stint. The camaro was the worst, it had like 3 or 4 for one badge, luckly I was putting a aftermarket badge in place of it or I would of been really pissed. I understand that they need some kind of marking system to help out with the badges but come on people... really chipping the paint!!! There has to be some other way. Luckly with my 2011 RAM I didn't see any chip markers, so it's smooth and blue...

rick980 11-11-2010 01:05 AM

More likely the jig that the badge gets put into has something sticking out that is not supposed to be there, wear and tear and well a lot of people working on the line get into duh mode and done notice or don't care. I really don't think RAM would use a chip in the paint to guide emblems.

rtkman 11-15-2010 08:41 PM

I've seen people chip the paint with the emblem while removing them. Pull up on one end and the other digs into the paint.. Just a thought. I really doubt they purposely chip the paint too.

DodgeRamGuy 02-04-2011 10:13 PM

Hey...maybe You got 1 in a million......heck....Your truck might be valuble with those little pin chips,lol.

ScatPak07 02-05-2011 12:29 AM

Yea it is never good finding surprises. I guess some touch up paint with some clear can help ya out. Dupli-Color makes color matched paint so it makes it pretty easy to do. All you need is the paint code and they should have the color your looking for

GTyankee 02-05-2011 12:56 AM

in the dealership Parts Dept, they have Duplicolor paint sticks, just above the key chains & baseball caps, at least at my dealership

pay2play 02-05-2011 08:48 PM

I was thingking about taking of the 1500 at least on my 2011. I liked the badges on the 2010 better, but, what can you do.