DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   upgraded fuel injectors? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65953)

RamItAll 11-09-2010 09:04 PM

upgraded fuel injectors?

okay so i want to upgrade to bigger fuel injectors. stock is 19 lb? airram has 19, 21, 26, and 30 lb injectors. i wont have a heavily modded engine. im just going to have CAI, gutted cat, and already have flowmaster exhaust after cat. ill be running a flashpaq with the setup and maybe an upgraded fuel pump. but back to the question, which injectors would be best?

05atlanticblue 11-10-2010 02:30 PM

over the next few, i'm going to upgrade to the factory 4.7 flex fuel injectors. opened up enough for some gains but not too much for stock innerds...

RamTech 11-10-2010 02:33 PM

I honestly don't know that you'll see much of a gain with bigger injectors unless you plan on doing a cam swap.

RamItAll 11-11-2010 11:59 AM

05atlanticblue thats interesting are they bigger than our stock injectors? and ramtech i know it there wont be impressive gains if any but since im going to get new ones for a full tune up of my engine i figured i might as well go a little bigger. but thanks for the input guys!

RamTech 11-11-2010 12:08 PM

Replacing injectors isn't part of any type of routine maintainence. You'd likely do more good by replacing your upstream O2 sensors if they're original or more than 5 years old because they do get sluggish over time. Potential benefits are better performance and fuel economy.

4pnt7 11-11-2010 02:18 PM

Stock injector are plenty for nicely moded motor. The main concern is that they all flow the same or as close as possible to each other.

RamItAll 11-12-2010 12:07 PM

i trust you since you are a chrysler technician lol. but i have been having fuel problems thats why im gutting my clogged cat today. also doing as compression test to find out why im losing coolant so much

4pnt7 11-12-2010 12:39 PM

You probably have a blown head gasket is why your losing coolant.

What do you mean your having fuel problems. What are the symptoms that are making you think its fuel.

As for the cat. Why not just replace it with the money you were gonna use on injectors.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-12-2010 11:18 PM

Your better off with the factory rated injectors . You won't achive anything other than a lot of heartache from them . The 4.7 can only burn so much fuel .

RamItAll 11-13-2010 02:13 AM

well compression test was good. all were above 130... but we diagnosed it to being blown head and the coolant is leaking into the exhaust and engine. found coolant in oil also... anyone have any good ideas on where to get good heads? and if i do heads how much more would i be getting into if i wanted to throw a HO cam in there? honestly if im tearing the top end apart im buying a winter beater and dumping good cash into making my engine throw some horses