DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Kind of ticked (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=66118)

GPSHSLAX 11-11-2010 11:44 PM

Kind of ticked

So it was about a month back that I had my exhaust installed. Had the stock muffler removed and new pipe all the way out the back again. Come to notice that the pipe didn't look quite as big as it used to be so today (had the day off) I measured ... the shop installed 2.5" pipe.

I even told them on the phone when I made the appointment that it was a 3" system and I purchased 3" inlet/outlet muffler. I didn't stand over them in the shop ... but I figured I had already mentioned it, and they should be able to tell right? They just fit the smaller pipe and built up the weld to make it fit. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them to fix it, but what a pain in the ass.

chithead 11-11-2010 11:56 PM

Thats pretty crappy man. Sorry to hear they did that.

GPSHSLAX 11-12-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 356635)
Thats pretty crappy man. Sorry to hear they did that.

It was supposed to be one of the better shops in town too. Had great reviews. I think the problem was the owner let a couple of his younger guys do it while he chated with me. Should have been simple enough, but apparently they weren't paying much attention.

platinuminjected 11-12-2010 12:14 AM

that suxs and i wouldnt take no for a answer either if they try to bull shit u

GPSHSLAX 11-12-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platinuminjected (Post 356649)
that suxs and i wouldnt take no for a answer either if they try to bull shit u

Congratz on the 1k posts by the way ... you did it faster than me.

I'll let you all know how it goes when I call tomorrow. The owner seemed like a stand up guy, so I hope he stands up here.

chithead 11-12-2010 08:01 AM

Definitely let us know how it goes.

Kleeeen 11-12-2010 03:58 PM

Kinda diggin my 5" tips what just sayin. Oh good luck and hope all goes well

GTyankee 11-12-2010 04:10 PM

Just a thought on my part

I hope that they didn't do that to a lifetime warrantied Magnaflow
because if it ever goes bad & they have to take it off & ship it to Magnaflow to get the warranty replacement muffler, they will discover the modified muffler & deny the warranty do to improper installation.
if it is a Magnaflow, have the shop give you something in writing so if that should happen, they would be responsible for the failure

GPSHSLAX 11-12-2010 04:26 PM

That's a good point. It's an aero turbine, but they have a lifetime warranty with similar terms. IE muffler must be shipped back for warranty claim. I'll have to bring that up too. I forgot to bring the recipt with me to work today so I don't have the phone number. I'm gunna call when I get home and hopefully catch them before the shop closes.

GPSHSLAX 11-12-2010 05:48 PM

They told me to bring it in and they would take a look. Kind of what I expected. When I was having it installed originaly the owner was telling me stories about people who called and said stuff was wrong and then he told them to bring it in and it turned out the be nothing or some unrelated issue. This is not the case with mine, but I figured they would say bring it in. I'll take it next week when I get a chance. I have to go the the dealer about the K17 recall so I'll try to get a dealer appointment and then head ot the muffler shop since they are near by.