DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   2011 Ram Uconnect problem. Please help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=66342)

hckyplyr 11-15-2010 12:58 AM

2011 Ram Uconnect problem. Please help

Hi Guys,
I have done a search on the problem I'm having, and my problem seems to be unique compared to the other problems. My dad just purchased a 2011 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the factory installed Uconnect. He has a motorola razor phone. We paired the phone, set the priority, etc etc. When my dad MANUALLY turns on his bluetooth in the truck, incoming phone calls work by coming through the uconnect. Also, when making outgoing calls, it works great. Clarity and everything else is great. Here's the problem though. If my dad doesn't manually turn his bluetooth applicator on (on his cell phone), the uconnect wont automatically connect to his cell phone. It has connected automatically when he gets in the vehicle a couple times, and will then automatically shut off when he turns the ignition off and opens the door, but this ONLY happens probably 1 out of 10 times. What are we doing wrong? Basically, we want the uconnect to automatically connect to his cell phone when he gets in the vehicle, without him manually turning on the bluetooth function on his cell. Thanks for all your help guys!

RootBeer 11-15-2010 01:02 AM

Is the bluetooth on the phone set to automatically connect to the Uconnect? If not, that is the problem. The radio/uconnect takes around 30 seconds to connect to the phone after being turned on.

hckyplyr 11-15-2010 01:14 AM

For some reason I don't think his phone has that capability. What is confusing is how most of the time it won't automatically connect, but a couple times it would randomly auto connect. I did not know that it takes atleast 30 sec. to connect though. I'll look again for the feature your talking about on his cell phone, and I'll be a bit more patient when we get in the truck and wait a minute, and see what happens. Thanks so much for your quick response. I shouldn't have posted my question in both forums.

TrippMcnealy 11-15-2010 02:28 PM

i would re setup his phone. Go in and delete the uconnect bluetooth on his phone and start again.. I have a lg voyager and have had no problems. Make sure the security code is correct and the priorirty. I dont have a auto connect feature on my phone and it pairs with it no problem. I can even be outside of the car and it will stay connected. Hope this helps.

lynxblackcat 12-14-2010 07:39 AM

i have a big problem with mine stayin connected (droid x) i have deleted and started over but no luck i hade the same phone in my 08 with no problems any ideas thanks

erm 12-14-2010 09:20 AM

Both those phones should connect automatically.

tcarlton0516 12-15-2010 02:18 PM

How old is the Razor? I thought they quit making them 5 years ago. Get him a new android phone and I'll bet the problem goes away. : )

sinistersix 12-16-2010 10:58 AM

I have a Droid, it doesnt have problems connecting to my 2011, but me and my wife's droids will drop the bluetooth during the call sometimes....that is really annoying and cant figure out why.

rick980 12-27-2010 01:55 AM

When you first start the truck the radio looks for bluetooth phones that are paired and if it finds any it updates the address books automatically so it causes a slight delay.

GTyankee 12-27-2010 02:01 AM

i have the Motorola Razor V3, i set the bluetooth to connect automatically, it just won't automatically download my phonebook, but, that is no problem

i'm thinking about going next with a Samsung Rugby 2
Motorola has stopped making cell phones i believe