DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Difference between 4x4 and 4x4OR? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=66869)

pieece 11-21-2010 10:49 PM

Difference between 4x4 and 4x4OR?

What is the difference in a regular 4x4 and the 4x4 Off Road. I mean is it just a suspension difference... I asked my local dealer several months ago and they could not tell me the difference. Nor could they tell my the difference in the newer TRX 4x4.

Anyhow what is the difference:4-dontknow:

cosbourn 11-21-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pieece (Post 364065)
What is the difference in a regular 4x4 and the 4x4 Off Road. I mean is it just a suspension difference... I asked my local dealer several months ago and they could not tell me the difference. Nor could they tell my the difference in the newer TRX 4x4.

offroad package comes with skid plates, 3.92 lim slip gearing, diff wheels, and some other things to beef up the Offroad capability. Suspension is also bigger and depends from what generation you are referring to. nothing that couldnt be obtained from a few mods, but it would be something else to add to the truck and take from your wallet. ha.

2nd gen rams have a 3 inch stock lift over the reg 4x4. My buddy has got one and we have measured. 3rd gens are a little taller over reg 4x4's but not 3"..I think it's somewhere around 2".

the trx4's i have no idea, they sure have the same exact stance as a normal 4x4 so i don't know, maybe a 4th gen owner will pipe in.

TRIPLETED 11-21-2010 11:38 PM

What does BFI mean ?

cosbourn 11-21-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRIPLETED (Post 364108)
What does BFI mean ?

it's intake from a former vendor on the Z who is a piece of crap. I ordered over 3 months ago and lied to all of us that were waiting on them about ship/production dates every single week. so i cancelled and now he's shipping them supposedly, haha. i don't believe it. anyways sorry, it's an CAI, just don't buy one, great product, horrible company. haha.

GTyankee 11-21-2010 11:43 PM

believe me, you don't want to know what BFI means,
several people wanted to upgrade their AIR INTAKE system & paid for a product that was suppose to exist & several months later they only got AIR where their money used to be

cosbourn 11-21-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 364119)
believe me, you don't want to know what BFI means,
several people wanted to upgrade their AIR INTAKE system & paid for a product that was suppose to exist & several months later they only got AIR where their money used to be

yup..basically, more info on the main thread under "bfi new intake" if your interested. we kinda hijacked this thread...i feel bad.:sad:

Citizen 11-22-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pieece (Post 364065)

My 4x4 Off Road package (2004) included - 3.92 gears, limited slip rear Diff, Skidplates, heavy duty cooling for engine - trans and power steering, front tow hocks, heavy duty 17x8 wheels with 265/70/17 Goodyear AT tires and bed liner.

pieece 11-22-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen (Post 364234)
My 4x4 Off Road package (2004) included - 3.92 gears, limited slip rear Diff, Skidplates, heavy duty cooling for engine - trans and power steering, front tow hocks, heavy duty 17x8 wheels with 265/70/17 Goodyear AT tires and bed liner.

ah ha, now were getting somewhere. Guess my 03 would have the same. I like that heavy duty cooling for the trans and power steering. No wonder mine has never over heated.:wow:

Thread hijackers :LOL:

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-22-2010 10:52 AM

My Off Road Ram consisted of a : bigger alternator , shocks and 4.10 gears . I'm sure theres more . But that is the basic differences .

cosbourn 11-22-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pieece (Post 364241)
ah ha, now were getting somewhere. Guess my 03 would have the same. I like that heavy duty cooling for the trans and power steering. No wonder mine has never over heated.:wow:

Thread hijackers :LOL:

thats what i told you in my first post bro! haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 (Post 364358)
My Off Road Ram consisted of a : bigger alternator , shocks and 4.10 gears . I'm sure theres more . But that is the basic differences .

yeah and thats for the 2nd gens.

see i ment well. haha.