DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Need Help with Shocks!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67050)

jpaul51 11-24-2010 02:44 PM

Need Help with Shocks!!!

I need to replace the shocks on my 2007 Ram 1500 QC and don't know what to go with. My truck is a 2WD, stock ride height with no plans to lift or lower. Ya'll let me know which I should go with and why. I have it narrowed down to 3.

Option 1 - 69.95 Each
Bilstein F4BE5C614H0 - Bilstein Sport Series Shocks and Struts

For the performance-minded driver, Bilstein Sport shocks and struts deliver absolute mastery of the road surface. Designed to push a car's suspension to its performance peak, these shocks are well-suited for use with special springs, anti-sway bars, or other suspension upgrades.

Option 2 - 54.95 Each

Rancho RS5000 Shocks
Features
  • Rancho RS5000 Shocks are specially-designed for outstanding all-around ride quality in trucks and SUVs
  • Packs many Rancho features for on and off-road performance at a budget-friendly price
  • Rancho RS5000 Shocks are ideal for stock or lifted vehicles
  • Double-welded mounts with hardened rubber bushings for durability
  • Rancho RS5000 Shocks employ a double-chromed 5/8" hardened rod
  • Ten-stage, velocity-sensitive valving
  • Protective red boots included
  • Rancho RS5000 Shocks boast a durable finish for total longevity
  • Your Rancho RS5000 Shocks are backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Description

Standing tall as the shock of choice for trucks and SUVs since 1985, Rancho RS5000 Shocks pack plenty of riding comfort for the highway or the trail at a budget-friendly price. Plus, they're ideal for either stock or lifted vehicles.

RS5000 Shocks are the ones that started it all for Rancho. They're around today thanks to quality parts and construction. Double-welded mounts. A high-capacity twin-tube design. Hardened, double-chromed 5/8" rods. A glass-filled Teflon piston seal. Internal rebound bumpers. Topped by red urethane protective boots. And, a durable exterior finish that withstood a 240-hour salt spray in testing.

The smooth ride quality of Rancho RS5000 Shocks is buoyed by their ten-stage, velocity-sensitive valving that reacts to the terrain with precise dampening. Comfort is also preserved by hardened rubber bushings that help pad impacts. Best yet, your Rancho RS5000 Shocks carry a Lifetime Warranty.

Option 3 - 59.95 Each

Belltech Sport Trucks 10104I - Belltech Sport Trucks Street Performance Shocks

Street Performance twin-tube shocks from Belltech Sport Trucks set the standard in performance handling for sport trucks. Their low-speed compression characteristics help to control pitch and roll, while their progressive rebound tuning allows you to use large aftermarket wheels and still have a smooth, firm ride. Oversized 55mm shock bodies, 35mm pistons, and 15mm piston rods, combined with vehicle-specific damping tunes, will give you the ride that you are looking for.

CHVYKLR 11-24-2010 06:13 PM

This was on my Jeep but I remember the RS5000s riding kinda rough and I switched to the adjustable RS9000s and liked them a lot better.

cosbourn 11-24-2010 06:20 PM

bilstein are the leading manufacturer and make great shocks.

having said that, Rancho HAD a special, dont know if it's still going on, and it was if you order any 4 rs9000 shocks you can get a myride system with it for free. myride adjusts the shock stiffness wirelessly via a central unit hooked up to all four shocks, basically allowing you to do whatever ride you want. i would def check and see if that special is still going on because the myride system is like $250!

jpaul51 11-24-2010 06:26 PM

That would be awesome to adjust the shocks wirelessly! I have heard nothing bad about Bilsteins though, but most of the info on here about them is on the 4WD trucks. Thanks for the input guys!

CdnoilRAM 11-25-2010 12:45 AM

The Ranchos are good quality shocks.

samuel 12-05-2010 01:02 AM

try edelbrock shocks

SUL7ENAZ 12-05-2010 01:40 AM

Jpaul I'd just get the bilsteins...gonna be your best bang for your buck. 3.5 gens like yours are coilover so anything besides the bilsteins is either crappy or super expensive.