DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Great Lakes (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Looking for Dealer Connect help - SE Michigan (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=67114)

wecoyote 11-25-2010 01:10 PM

Looking for Dealer Connect help - SE Michigan
 
As you can see from my profile, I have a 2010 1500 ST (SXT). I installed the Integrated Trailer Brake Module (ITBM) and would like to have my EVIC programed with the XHC / XHCA code. That way, I would have the full features of the ITBM.

I checked with the dealer I bought the truck from in Windsor and they will charge an hour of labor plus taxes (now 13%). With this, it will cost more than the module itself!

Is there any one in S.E. Michigan who has access to a Dealer Connect system that would be willing to do this update for a reasonable price?

Since I cross the border from Windsor to Detroit daily for work, I could pick up something from Duty Free as "paypment" even.

RamTech 11-25-2010 08:44 PM

There's a bit more to it than that. The build configuration (usually has to be done by a manager or warranty administrator) has to updated and then the TIPMCGW has to be updated. Personally, I think an hour is overcharging since the process only takes about 30 minutes.

wecoyote 11-25-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamTech (Post 366922)
There's a bit more to it than that. The build configuration (usually has to be done by a manager or warranty administrator) has to updated and then the TIPMCGW has to be updated. Personally, I think an hour is overcharging since the process only takes about 30 minutes.

I thought an hour seemed a bit much. Especially after seeing others who had theirs done for free because that was the dealer they bought the truck from. Mine wasn't so helpful.

KennyPowers 11-26-2010 12:24 AM

I would call a few dealerships in the metro detroit area. I'm 15-20 minutes from the bridge, and my dealership is 5 minutes away from me.

wecoyote 11-26-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyPowers (Post 367017)
I would call a few dealerships in the metro detroit area. I'm 15-20 minutes from the bridge, and my dealership is 5 minutes away from me.

Did you put the ITBM on your '10? If so, where did you have it done? I work in Auburn Hills (not for Chrysler) and could go pretty much anywhere if they had a good deal.

KennyPowers 11-26-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wecoyote (Post 367449)
Did you put the ITBM on your '10? If so, where did you have it done? I work in Auburn Hills (not for Chrysler) and could go pretty much anywhere if they had a good deal.

Quite the daily commute you have there. Auburn Hills is a nice area though. No I did not. I'm sure a few people that have had it installed can chime in.

ICEMAN99TURBO 12-01-2010 10:19 PM

I would just call some known Dodge dealers and see what they think and charge, best why I believe to get your issue taken care of. One way or another you are going to have to pay, you just might have to do some leg work to get a better deal... that is if there is one.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger